Followers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutionary


Day 1 of 2011 and I am not going to make an ordinary resolutions! I am going to be a resolutionary! Yah, I made up the word! It's a combination of resolution and revolutionary. Which in my definition means I am going to approach 2011 in a different way than I have in the past. I always made resolutions to eat less, exercise more, be open to new possibilities, not buy fabric for a year, finish up all the UFO's around here...yada, yada, yada.

This year I am going to be kinder to myself. Judge myself less. Listen to my heart more...and...my most important change will be to make my quilt room a "NO FLOGGING" zone! That is right! Each time I enter my special space I am not going to berate myself for all the fabric, kits, books, patterns and UFO's. I am going to make it a safe zone. One where I can come and enjoy the peace that being "one with the fabric" can create.

Yes, I know there is a message here and I am going to spend the next year spreading the word. A quilter can be at peace with all, and I mean all that we need to create. I am going to blog my heart out about everything quilt in Central Oregon and I am going to spread the word about the fabric I am buying, the classes I have signed up for, the BOM's I am working on and for sure...the UFO's I finish!

It is going to be a wonderful year and I am looking forward to sharing with every quilter I meet!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Anna- love your post about "No Flogging" zone! I agree, we should celebrate our creativity and the special spaces where we express that creativity, rather than feeling guilty about it. Also, can you post about your studio set-up -- did you buy or make the sewing table? What's the size of the room, etc.? Then visit me at http://fiberexplorations.blogspot.com. thanks! Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you agree Joanna. As for my "no flogging zone" it is a regular 8x10 bedroom although the unusual thing about it is that it has a regular sliding door closet and then a separate small closet which I use for book, patterns and stuff (lol). The table small conference room table about 3x5 which I had a wood worker laminate the top and cut out a drop down spot for my sewing machine. I love it but is it heavy since it is all wood. My DH had to anchor it to the wall for extra support! I'll check out the site tomorrow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anna. That's about the same size as my room, which I can never keep organized. I need to get my husb. to convert a table like yours -- would be so much easier when freemotion quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through a major orgainzation blitz about 3 months ago...talk about a load off! It was shear chaos for at least 2 weeks. In a few days I will post a slide show of my sewing room and what I did. Everything piece of furniture used to be something else before it moved into my quilting room...but it all works!

    ReplyDelete