Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Cookin' Quilter

I know, I know...this blog is supposed to be about quilting and specifically quilting in Central Oregon...but, as you know...I did add through the eyes of one quilter. And this quilter has to crow about her cooking accomplishments! If you knew my history you would understand how truly excited I get when a dish turns out! It was during my early teen years that I set fire to my first kitchen. It left a life long emotional scar and I have feared every kitchen, every pot and every recipe I have come across! I have ruined pots, I have exploded hard boiled eggs (more than one) which now has to be added as a disclaimer in paperwork for real estate sales, because of the lingering odor...and, one of my Christmas gifts this year was a kitchen timer with a pager! Yep, you heard me...a pager which clips to my clothing so no matter where I am in the house it lets me know when stuff is done.

So, can you see a trend here? HH feels much better knowing that if my monkey brain moves me to my quilt room , I won't forget what is on the stove. The timer is made my Martha Stewart, my girlfriend (yes, I have talked cooking with her personally).

In a way this is a quilt related blog...I can now quilt and cook...at the same time! I SUCCESSFULLY made a recipe posted on http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/ which is now one of my favorite cooking blogs because it has pretty pictures! Aren't all quilters visually stimulated? The only change I made was I did not bake the cornbread on top of the chili because with just 2 of us we knew there would be left overs and I hate soggy cornbread! Another plus for this recipe is that it did not talk back to either of us...if you know what I mean...




6 comments:

  1. Well hello Anna! Anne from Cottons'n Wool sent me over. I'm so glad she did! Love the blog.

    Cornbread is one of my favorites. I'm going to have to try this recipe. It looks so yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome to the land of blog. Anne sent me and I'm really glad she did.

    I've read all your posts and watched every Smilebox. Fun blog - I'll be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a name like Woolie Mammoth how could I NOT follow you!! Take care and I look forward to reading your posts!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm am here by way of Anne as well. Love your new blog. Hope to visit Bend someday to see my adorable grand neice and nephew...and yes, their sweet parents too. So much fun and gorgeous quilting going on in your part of the country. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first visit to your blog because of a suggestion at Cottons 'n Wool. I really enjoyed it so much that I have become a follower. Looking forward to coming back soon.
    Enjoyed every Smilebox also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have been at work today and it is so wonderful to come home to all these new friends! Thank you for joining the blog! Tonight I head out to my BOM Green Pieces so will have some fun photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete