Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Things Come In 3's

There are some in the world who think when something bad happens that 2 more things are going to happen...in a bad way. That things always happen in 3's! For me...I try to move through the world in a positive way, dragging my little angel on my shoulder with me. And although these days my angel is a 2 ton woolie named Penny...I look for the silver lining, the dark chocolate center...or the perfect fabric!

Today was my day of 3's. Great 3's! I had a day off and lo' and behold I needed to visit all 3 quilt stores in Bend. You ask why I needed to...first of all I got a message from my favorite LA that the 2 quilts I took to her were done. She lives outside of town and picks up quilts at BJ's Quilt Basket and that is where she drops the completed ones off...so off to Bj's I go!

You ask why I had to go to Sew Many Quilts? This is my story and I am sticking too it! My mother is the oldest and thus I am the oldest cousin. Although I qualify for a senior discount I have many cousins who are still having babies. In fact there are 3 babies due in my family this year. And, though I have a stack of baby quilts in bright colors I made the mistake of facebooking a question to my cousins about the decor of the soon to be new arrivals...the answer...pastel pink! Do I have a pastel color in my stash...NO. This meant a stop at Sew Many Quilts was required for some Lily & Will fabric from Bunny Hill.

As for why I ended up at QuiltWorks...making it quilt store number 3...it is one of my favorite days of the month...Woolie Tuesday! A day I look forward to like none other, a chance to roll around in the wool, talk wool, and buy wool....hummm

Today, I helped the economy of Bend and the Quilting World...tomorrow I go to work at the crack of dawn. Enjoy the slide show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow created with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Girl, what a day you had! Thank you for sharing. I wish I lived closer, I would love to be able to attend, "Woolie Tuesday". Thanks for sharing. Hugs!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam...I was suffering sooo...NOT! I know you would love the group...there is not a crabby one in the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I forgot all about that last quilt shop....I too am doing the same Santa runner that Anne is...its..I had hoped to have it done this past Christmas, but am not giving myself a whole year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your slide shows. I sure wish Ann would have held up her project, it looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh wonderful wool projects!! Loved them all! What a great day you had!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you guys...I am still glowing and I got to show off my wool BOM to DH and the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "boy, that's really pretty!" I am in heaven! Michelle & Yvette, I'll tell Anne to post it on her blog, Cottons 'n Wool. She does such wonderful stuff.
    Paulette...we talked a lot about you today!!!

    ReplyDelete