Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Goodies

This afternoon I had to drag out my purchases and look at them all over again! I have unpacked them 3 times now because I am so excited about the potential! The thing about shopping at Holly Hills http://www.hollyhillquiltshoppe.com/ is that you can go round and round and round and still discover something new! The last time around I found the 2 patterns right below...I hadn't seen them the previous 5 times around!

I loved both of these patterns, one because it reminded me of our country roots and I could personalize it and the other...well, anything about "home" warms my heart.
It was hard to pass up this pattern because I love all things Santa and anything that has words incorporated...so, Believe in Santa...an easy sell!
I have been wanting this Summer Gathering book ever since seeing Anne Bryson's of http://cottonsnwoolens.blogspot.com/ Welcome wall hanging. It is beautiful and so...welcoming!
I love the homespun fabrics and continue to collect little bits and pieces of wool where ever I can find them. I made a runner for the top of HH's cabinet in his man cave and wanted to make a matching "back of the chair" cover for his head to lie against the chair and a cover for his foot stool so they will all stay nice for a long time. I'll take a photo of them whenever I complete that project. Simple 5" squares sewn together and bound...but it so fit his cave.

So there it is...all that I purchased...but tomorrow brings... Fabric Depot...what ever will I do???

I forgot to mention that I have been emailing some of you on the email you entered when signing up as followers...I hope you have been getting them...anyhoo...I just wanted to thank you all for accompaning me on this quilting journey!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how many items just magically appear in a quilt store after you've perused the whole store a couple of times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always shocked that there is something I hadn't seen when I have walked around the store at least 3 times...which keeps me in any store for hours afraid to leave in case I have missed something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of wonderful new goodies - I think you definitely had tons of fun. Walking around, around, and around helps peek into every nook and cranny. :-)

    ReplyDelete