Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Quilter's Home

I plan to feature a local quilt group and a quilter's sewing space and home/quilts monthly. This month featured quilter is Marilyn Will who has a lovely home in the Touchmark development. Marilyn has been quilting since 1976 and pretty much does it all. Well, I take that back...she does not machine quilt, but hand quilts all her projects! And in Marilyn's mind more does not mean better as you will see by the pitiful...I mean, lean stash she has...she is not a fabric hoarder in the least. She does favor the color purple and hand work is a staple for her. She is an avid horsewoman and it could be said...in this case, that you can take the Queen out of the country...but you can't take the country out of the Queen! Although she is holding onto her crown as Queen of the MG's there has been an ocassional incident where she might have lost her throne...as for at home, I am not sure who is the Queen, Marilyn or Lacey. Enjoy this peek into one quilter's home in Central Oregon.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own slideshow

The Material Girls or MG's for short have been meeting since the early 90's. I know I have talked about them before but since I am starting a regular series on our local groups I thought I would start with the one I have been a part of the longest. These women are dear to my heart and have been a part of my child rearing years, passing on sage advice when needed, a good laugh or a big hug. Not every one was there today and some trickled in as the day progressed, some are snow birds and others had colonoscopy appointments...but we all come together when we can and share the tools of our quilting life, providing emotional support when needed. Once a month we break bread together to celebrate the birthdays that particular month. Quilting has always been a chance for women to gather and take a break from the men folk...and this group is no different.
Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own photo album

2 comments:

  1. I love how you post pictures. They are so pretty, thanks for sharing. Hugs!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, Mary Ann Lisk will be sharing her quilt room with us in Feb.! I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete