Followers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Who's Ya Sista

Today was my class day with Ann, executive director of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. She was teaching a class called the Star of the Orient. When I received my directions with the notation that you would be making a couple of blocks...I scoffed. Only 2 blocks for the entire day? It was a precision cutting and piecing class and I have to tell you...I got 1 BLOCK completed and I am absolutely exhausted! It is the coolest block but the real treat of the day was being with other quilters.

This was my first class of the year, sharing it with friends, laughing and sewing...well it doesn't get any better than that! It was a gorgeous day in Sisters and at lunch we walked down to Season's for the best sandwich in town! On the way back we did a little shoe shopping at Sundance Shoes! I have never gone in there without finding the prefect pair of shoes!

So, enjoy the slide show and be sure to put a trip to Sisters on your bucket list!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a slideshow

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures, thanks for sharing! I loved the last picture, debit or credit that made me laugh. Man that looks like a tough block! I can't wait to visit in March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I just got an email from Robin and of course...she got up and made 5 more blocks! I am heading up to my quilt room and am going to attempt block #2, lol I want to call in sick all week and get the quilt top done! See ya in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing. I am so sore from laughing at the comments!! I am planning a trip to Sisters with my BFF and we both can't wait. Thanks for pointing out the places we need to check out! Enjoy your Sunday!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, nothing like shopping with BFF's but watch out for girlfriend juju! I'll explain more about that later today.

    Oh, and you must have some broccoli salad with your sandwich at Season's...to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. anna i have moved from yakima wa. to las vegas nv. and i haven't gotten into the quilting world yet. but reading your blogs and pictures lifted my soul. i love the northwest and you gave me a nice dose. thaank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome Kathy! I hear there is a nice quilt store in Vegas! Take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete