Followers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I AM DRIVING MYSELF INSANE!!!!

This is a photo of my latest totally completed quilt, binding on and ready for "what ever?" My friend Sandy says it is pretty enough to keep and I have to agree with her. I did not enjoy the construction of this quilt. It was a BOM from BJ's and I had a reallllllly hard time with the pinkish fabric, now I love it! I had intended to donate it to charity...but, now I must live with it a while. That is what I love about BOM's they take you out of our box, challenge you to use fabric that is not to your liking. You learn new techniques and you get to be with girlfriends!

You ask why I am I driving myself insane? I now do not have any project that is even remotely close to being done...they are all WIP's or UFO's or dreams in my head...or whispers in my soul but they are not close to being completed. AND, I have a mini retreat coming up this weekend. Which means I have to decide what I want to work on...there it is...the insanity! My options are soooo wide open that for the last 2 weeks I have changed my mind 10,000 times! First I was only going to do hand work, then I thought I would make the baby quilts for my cousins, but of course...I could start an entire new project, should I just cut fabric??? or maybe I can quilt a UFO? If I do that I would have to take my big machine over (2 streets) yes...that is how bad the insanity is...I will be quilting only 2 streets from my house. BUT, I don't know about you...once I get hunkered down at a retreat I don't want to go back home...I might see the dishes need to be done??? or laundry???

Anyhooooo, I have to make choices and I have to put my big girl panties on and stop running around in circles. I will have a slide show of the mini retreat and what everyone else is working on...as for what projects I am going to do??????

5 comments:

  1. I suggest that you pick a easy and not to big of a project, cut it out before you go so you are ready to sew. Don't take other project just to cut out, too easy to make mistakes with all the chit chat...... Hand work is good for the evening. Have a GREAT time...just love those girlie weekends.
    Maralee......from down the street....SMQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maralee, don't take something that takes a lot of thought, to easy to make mistakes. For sure take a wool project and some piecing. Shoot, if you change your mind about something you can just run home and get it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty quilt. As for your retreat project, bring something you've started. I'm a finisher though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sampler quilt! Sorry for the voices in your head :-) Have a great time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the best! I love all the ideas and support! I stopped by back home to drop the dog off and check up on the Woolies! And here you were! Will have a few photos tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete