Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quilter's Panic!



When you know you have an impending trip...as in 3 hour bus ride over the mountain on Friday...and you are going to be in a hotel for 2 days with your mom! you gotta have handwork! The issues are...with the return of my vertigo and work I have had little time to make a decision. The result is shear chaos in my sewing room. I have wool projects, embroidery, cross stitch...what to take, what to take??? I was trying to embroider my Redwork sampler this evening while watching a DVR'd episode of NCIS...way to interesting TV for handwork and I spelled one of the stitches wrong...had to rip back out! LOL

By the time I went to bed last night I had decided to only take the Redwork project. There is a very detailed line of flowers and conceivably I could get it done in one weekend. But I woke up this morning to a new pile of snow and the forecast of snow not only here but on the other side of the mountain where they are not used to dealing with snow. Which means...who knows if my mom's plane will be able to land...I may be in a hotel by myself all weekend! I'll need a back up project in case I am hotel bound! Again...what to take, what to take???

And so...the decision has to be made and in the process I have made a disaster of my quilt room! How blessed I am to have soooo many UFO's, WIP's and PIG's to choose from. What would you take if you had limited space in the packing?

(what's funny is spell check doesn't know what a UFO, WIP and a PIG is...must not be written by a quilter!)

8 comments:

  1. Don't know what to tell you to bring, but I sure love your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing other sewing rooms...your basket quilt is wonderful!! Love it!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth and Paulette! I am lucky to be able to use a 10 x 10 bedroom just for me! My cutting table is my Dh's old drafting table that he refinished and is the perfect size and my sewing table is an old conference room table that I had laminated and a cut out for my sewing machine. I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paulette I am pleased with the baskets but Sandy F. showed me the same pattern but the designer had embroider flowers in the setting triangles...kina wish I had seen that before I started quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snow here now...so all should be fine. I live less than three miles from the airport and as far as I know there were no delays....hope you and your mom have a good time...what are you doing in Portland? Just getting away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michelle for the weather update! My mom just want to visit with her grandsons. Both my boys and my grandson live in the Portland area...so it is a visit to catch up on what they are all up too...alas no quilt shopping this time! But just wait till March and the Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am addicted to this blog! Keep inspiring us Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you Emily...my whole goal is to make quilters addicted to the blog. LOL As for inspiration...I get as much as I give...thank you!

    ReplyDelete