Followers

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Silence of Fabric

I think sometimes when I have been away from my home, HH, Enzo and my sewing room, upon returning I just want to enjoy the silence. Once I got a good night sleep (sleeping with the Red Queen all weekend was exhausting) this morning I was on fire, in a quiet way! Today is the Material Girls group meeting and it is potluck day but I wanted to start quilting before hand. It might have been because the snow and wind are blowing, which always makes me want to hunker down with some fabric. This morning I didn't even want my book on CD or music playing, I just wanted to work in the silence. Have you ever just wanted to be in your sewing room enjoying the silence...with only the humm of your brain or the sewing machine?

I started with unpacking and orgainizing. I decided to shrink the size of the blocks for the BOM that I am doing from the Red Dot Book. Next, I chose a quilt top to go to the LA (after all I have 20 items to be quilted and some I just don't want to do). I pieced a backing and then fused batting together for the right size. Followed by making the binding...I said I was on fire! I have a little more quilting to do on my basket quilt but what is really weird, I do not have the color thread that I want to use! It means a trip to BJ's Quilt Basket for thread...and thread only! I made a choice of the fabric for the basket quilt binding because I don't have any of the border fabric left. And I finally unpacked my cookie molds that had arrived over the weekend. I Love them! The best part, if it turns out I can't make cookies they are so beautiful that I am going to hand them on the wall!!!
It is time to get ready for the MG's and an afternoon of quilting friendship!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. I totally love a nice quiet house. Those cookie molds are great, may have to look into getting some of those myself. Hope you had fun at MG's. Can't decide if I want to shrink my Red Dots or not. More thought, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sandy there is a story to the cookies you make with these molds...that is another blog. I ended up shrinking my blocks by 64% which was a default choice on the copier. 50% was too small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one that liked the "sound of silence".

    Looking forward to seeing the cookies you make. The molds are a work of art, where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen, I usually am not a silence kind of person but i surely needed it yesterday and now am sold on the peace.

    today I will have an update on my new cookie molds!

    ReplyDelete