Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Wasted Panic

This trip I did not enter a quilt store and it was not by choice! Without a car and limited time I had to stay within the trolley line downtown. But that did not keep me from thinking about quilting and trying to find a way to fill that space. Hence...Powell's, the largest independent bookseller in the Pacific Northwest. I went to the quilting section! Yes, this photo depicts the quilting section!!! They sell new and used books! You could spend years in Powell's and days just looking down this isle!

I did find a book that I totally had to HAVE! I love taupe fabrics and this book was as exciting as reading the Sear catalog toy issue when I was a kid. I loved it and have added it to my quilt library.


Just a peek at how I spent the day with family...I loved taking photos of my youngest son being fitted for his first business suit...it was like when I sent him off to kindergarten, bittersweet...I was there with a camera also! My grandson had fun with his GG (great grandma)...they both like tootsie rolls! And it was fun to spend time with my DIL and older son. What cracks me up is that I wasted a good panic on what handwork I was going to bring and I have barely had a chance to touch what I brought! Next time I am going to really be careful to save a panic and use it only when it will creat the most success! LOL

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I could spend hours and hours in that bookstore!

    Have a great day.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish we had one of those here! Most bookstores you go in have a couple of quilting books but nothing worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy and Beth, Powell's is a whole city block of books...and on the next block is their tech book store. They ship all over the world! It is a must stop of us on a trip to Portland. They mix the new with the old and I have found books signed by the quilt book author before.
    http://www.powells.com/?gclid=CI-Bw-G9qKcCFQEMbAodfn5WDQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky duck...Powell's! Sounds like you had a great weekend. See you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun. Never been to Powell's, guess I will have to go sometime. That is a good thing when you don't have time for handwork. You were having too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah glad to be back home! Sandy...you must experience Powell's it's kinda of like a different planet!

    see ya tomorrow Anne!

    ReplyDelete