Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Woolie Was Rockin'

Although I enjoy all types of quilting (except paper piecing) I really enjoy my wool time. I like the feel of it, the ease of projects and the camaraderie of the Woolies. We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at QuiltWorks and it is one of my most favorite days of the month! We lucked out because the Moda Rep was at the shop and we got to check out the new Go-Baby which is a small dye cut machine. I can see where some quilters would absolutley go bonkers for this item...as for me, I not a dye cut kinda gal...I like the little inperfections that let people know I made this all by my little 'ol self. Just the fact that the rep was there filled the air with anticipation of new fabrics on their way.

I did start a new BOM but with a twist. It turned out that 3 of us Woolies had over the last year purchased the same book...cause we loved it. It was going to be another book on the shelf until we decided to create our own BOM! More later on this venture! Block one it due by the end of March.

Here is just a short peek into the wool time with the Woolies. I get a good Ab workout from the laughing, some Weight Watcher tips, sharing of patterns and inspiration all on one very special Tuesday afternoon! Thanks to Marilyn and Dave at QuiltWorks for hosting!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital slideshow

2 comments:

  1. We need to get your camera and take some pictures of you at Woolies. Will do that next time

    ReplyDelete