Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stitch and Bark

Do you ever have one of those days when your normally exuberant personality is missing? Well, Saturday was mine. I have no reason that I can put my finger on...weather, news, hormones...all I know is that Saturday was emotionally quiet. Which made a sewing and doggy visit by Robin and Brim a blessing. Before we could get started we had to wear the 2 pups down with a walk to the park where they chased a tennis ball till their tongues were hanging to the ground. Once back home there was a short tutorial on the Transfer Eze product for Robin using my next redwork project. Afterwards Robin tacked down binding and I worked on preparing the other end of my wool table runner while the 2 pups took a short nap.
Here is Enzo's best friend Brim on Robin's quilt. He also loves quilts! This fabric is flannel and was purchased at a quilt store in Lebanon, Oregon http://www.finallytogetherquilt.com/ on a previous trip to the coast for a quilt retreat.

I love those time when you sit and stitch with a friend, talking...solving the problems of the world and being inspired to get out a UFO, finish it and move it from the nagging pile to the happy pile.


Hope your Sunday is filled with peace. Although it is Spring...the snow is lightly falling and the landscape looks beautiful but I can hear the morning doves calling to each other..."won't you come over to my branch and hang a while?"

2 comments:

  1. And I thought I only went to Central Oregon quilt stores until my memory was jogged by your blog. I remember dropping a few dollars in Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that store! The owner is the cousin of one of my Fabric Stalker group members and so we try to make a stop when we are heading to the beach. So many Quilt Stores...so little mola!

    ReplyDelete