Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Creative Quilt Storm, Day 3

Today was one of those day where I got up at 5:00 am, Robin had the coffee going and we started sewing. I was still in my PJ's until around 3:00 pm when I decided I needed a walk to stretch the legs and back out, finally taking a shower at 4:00 PM and putting my PJ's on again to continue my quilting marathon! Phew, it was a creative quilt storm for sure!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free photo slideshow

2 comments:

  1. I just started a wool project yesterday...question for you...do you hand applique them on your block or hand stitch them? It is very time consuming to hand applique them, but I was thinking that my purpose of this was to give myself something to do on lunch during work.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, not sure what the difference between hand applique vs. hand stitch...but here is what I do (I always take the easiest route) I trace my pattern on to Lite steam a seam 2 then fused that to the wool. cut out and fuse to my background. I like the blanket stitch the best but will also on stems do a running stitch. I use #8 pearl cotton thread. It is definately a take along project and so I never get impatient with waiting. Sounds like you'll have many stress reducing lunches ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete