Followers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Gateway to Linda's

Gateway is named for a natural depression in the terrain north of Madras, caused by erosion of Trout Creek and its tributaries. It is in effect a natural gate for the railroad and vehicular traffic north and south through central Oregon. It is also the home of Linda, who opened her home and quilt room for all of our viewing pleasure. Linda's family has extensive roots in the community of Gateway. As you drive through it's main street you see the entire town in one glance. Off to the right is an old mercantile which is no longer open but has her last named in faded paint on the side of the building. The directions I was given, drive down the hill into Gateway, hers is the last house on the right. Simple directions for the beautifully simple life out east in the high desert. As I pulled into her driveway a beautful male pheasant ran across the road. I had never seen a pheasant in the wild...a really special place.

Linda has been quilting since about 1995 but as I found out...quilting is not her only love. Following behind her love of her grandchildren (she has 6 of them ages 8 mo.-8 yrs), faith and home...she adds crocheting, knitting and cross stitching! No wonder she loves applique...I see lots of hand work in her life. She leans towards the traditional patterns and her stash is managable. She has a wonderful way of storing her quilts and I intend to implement it at my own home. That is one of the things about visiting other people homes...is getting ideas on how they accomplish what they do and how they control their quilting chaos! lol Enjoy the visit to Linda's....who knows where I will go next?!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow customized with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. Anna,

    I thought it was about time I thanked you. I read your blog every morning with my cup of coffee and it is a perfect time just for me! I so enjoy your blog and your slideshows you so generously share with us. Thank you so much and keep up the GREAT work!!

    Hugs!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Pam! There are so many wonderful quilters and they are so willing to share...don't you just love that!

    ReplyDelete