Followers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Understanding Personality Disorders

Don't you just love the title of this blog! I spent all day yesterday in a class on this very subject. I have to earn a certain number of educational credits each year in order to be employed. I try to choose the most interesting subjects but, this class was drier than I had predicted. Thank the quilt gods I brought a hand project along with me! Me, with little patience (I wonder if that is classified as a personality disorder???) am perfectly happy in most boring situations as long as I have hand work! The subject matter is fascinating and I love people watching! But, alas our presenter woke up sick this morning and so wasn't firing with a full load, both in the personality category or in brain tracking. Do you get it? Mr. Buehler, Mr. Buehler...Mr. Ferris Buehler!

Anyhooo, I did get to enjoy the company of 5 of my co-workers. Some of who were also doing hand projects and some were falling asleep. I did spend a few seconds watching a lady 2 rows up on the other side floss her teeth (I wonder if that is a personality disorder??)

Obsessive compulsive Personality is not the same as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and the OCP is being dropped from the psychiatric manual. So all those quilters out there who have waaaayyyyy too much fabric, several pairs of scissors, a boat load of rulers...you are no longer considered as having a psychiatric disorder! It is now considered a personality trait. Wheeeew, I am going to sleep better tonight!

While sitting through the lecture I was able to embroider the bottom row of flowers, the water can and part of the hat. The class was worth it!

...and at the end of the day...my "baby" came home for a visit. So many changes in store for all of us this year! He got engaged a couple of weeks ago to a wonderful woman and is embarking on a new adventure in his life...I will quilt, quilt, quilt to control the anxiety a mother feels. Should be a productive year!!!

8 comments:

  1. Aww what gorgeous babies you have......and what exciting things to look forward to in future!!! Best wishes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enzo looks so-o-o-o-o thrilled! I am ready for my closeup Mr. DeVille!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! Glad your class was productive if not informative. I think they should give us CE's for embroidery anyway :-)
    Handsome Enzo and 'baby'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a picture of two cuties! Love your project. I have that one waiting in the wings to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I was there too! I want CE's for knitting. I almost finished a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Cherry...I am so happy for him on his new adventure and since he has spent part of the day clearing his stuff out of a closet I am gaining some real estate in the process!

    I know Pam, Enzo looks disgusted! I am going to cherish this photo.

    Oh Loris, I wish I was as sharp as you because when I filled out my eval on the course I would have request CE's for the embroidery! Enzo and Baby are arguing over who is the most handsome...lol

    Colleen, only one in the wings to start...oh man I wish I could say that!

    Irene/Emily of the split personality disorder...I do believe for the first time ever I heard a whole lot of whinning from you. And you only get CE's if you don't run out of yarn! "almost" is the operative word! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna, I am soo embarrassed! I forgot Woolies today. And I have a project and everything. I loved seeing your babies! They say that when you are the mother of the groom you should sit down, shut up and wear beige. When my son got married I wore navy blue because all the bridesmaid wore beige! See you soon. Catherine E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Catherine, I am in trouble! because I can't sit still, shut up or look good in beige! LOL

    ReplyDelete