Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Woolie Man

What a day! My "baby" comes into town to clean up business. He will be moving to Illinois since his fiance was accepted to graduated school there in June. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Enzo is now my youngest and I think he will be a "failure to launch" and will stay with us forever! And, that my son will be getting married and moving across the United States. I told him I didn't want him staying in no "dives" on the way east, that I was sure there were quilters across the US that would put up a really nice boy...no dice! This is his and his fiance's adventure and he is planning it with the meticulousness of an accountant.

So after a day of running here and there, dropping him off our car insurance (who would have thought I would feel sad about that!) We stopped by the Woolies. It was a special stop because 2 of the 3 Fairy Godmothers are Woolies! Along the span of time my son in his "little boy" days picked up 3 Fairy Godmothers. It has been an amazingly sweet gift for my son to know, that no matter where he was and what he was up to, he had Fairy Godmothers. I can't even remember how the name was given but, it has stuck and the delicate thread of relationship has meant so much to me and to him.


Here he is trying to fill the roll of a real live Woolie...but his question is, "Pineapples? and why?"

Fairy Godmothers, Joann and Marilyn...hummm I didn't realize how short they were????!!!!


I couldn't visit QuiltWorks without looking around and I discovered that Marilyn and the crew have been working on a new basket block of the month that will be available soon. With Easter coming fast this new wool pattern is the cutest!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    Your son is really cute! It's hard to see them grow up isn't it?

    Give me an e-mail and I can help you find a shop for patterns.

    alma@blackbird-designs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of two better Fairy Godmother's. They are great. I don't think Enzo is going anywhere!! LOL

    ReplyDelete