Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Things First...

This season we have had our share of Mother Nature's Fury. Communities across the country have been left in devastation. They need your thoughts and prayers but practically speaking they need your help. One of the easiest ways to help is by donating to the Red Cross. You can designate how you want your donation to be used, in your community only, for a specific disaster or you can let them decide how best to use your support. Most important...just check out their site. http://www.redcross.org/

Yesterday was my Mrs. Honey Do day...say that 5 times fast! LOL It started off with a walk up the side of Awbrey Butte on the Upland Sawyer Trail. Enzo loves morning walks, cause then he can sleep the rest of the day! I was convinced that there must be some way to get from the Upland Trail to the River Trail. Once at the top I looked around and through great "outdoor female" instinct choose to go down this street of million dollar homes that ended in a cul du sac. At the top of the cul du sac was 2 vacant lots for sale (like those will sell anytime soon). I knew the River Trail was beyond the lots...but how to get there? With Enzo leading the way we made our way on a deer trail...down the side...of Awbrey Butte! Let me tell you...those dang deer can walk on really steep terrain! And so as we made it down the side of the butte on a deer trail...me hanging on to sage brush and scooting sideways...I thought....I should have had a V8! But, we dropped down onto the River Trail! I have got to find an easier way...

Mid day was spent with the Material Girls and the monthly birthday potluck. Which led to my next dilemma. I was bound and determined to finish the binding on my cousin Jenny's baby quilt. After all her baby was starting high school in the fall...no, not really...but she was almost 2 months old. As usually talking, laughing and potluck interfered with the ability to get the binding done! So what did I do...go to the post office and finished tacking the binding down in my car...have you ever done that??? I felt really good sending it off! It was my only "have to" quilt project. Today is filled with quilting again...how lucky am I. Sandy is coming over to work on Civil War blocks and then the Woolies meet! Hope your Tuesday is a sweet one!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. I love that braided border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That braided border is a Sue signature border. She loves using that border treatment and it is soooo effective!

    ReplyDelete