Followers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Guess What?!

Today is a day off and it is packed with errands, cleaning and appointments. But one of those appointments is a massage and the day will wrap up with a date night...ohhh melon margaritas! This weekend is the Pole, Pedal, Paddle http://www.pppbend.com/ which is this insane multi legged race by individuals and teams. People come from all over the world to participate in our little corner of Oregon which is now filled to capacity. No rooms at the inn and competitors are running around town warming up. This morning Enzo and I walked to the Weight Watcher office to weigh in (me not him) and there were runners all over the place.


....I am working on as my next UFO to finish! It is the cutest Penny Rug and I am making it as a fall gift. It is a really simple project and I ordered the pattern on line from Pumpkin Patch Primitives
http://www.pumpkinpatchprimitives.com/.
At first I wasn't keen on the felted wool that came with it but, it has been fun to put together and of course I mixed a little of my own wool. I guess I am spoiled by the hand dyed wools...yummy. The pattern is by Cathy Wagner
http://cathspennies.blogspot.com/ lots of fun, doable projects.

This is how far I have progressed...you know why...because I don't have any embroidery project started. Once I start one of those I get totally fixated! LOL

4 comments:

  1. I bought this kit too thinking it was wool. I was disappointed in the wool felt. I have been switching out some for wool but feel I wasted my money. Maybe I can find another project to use the wool felt in. Real wool is just so much yummier.I need to finish mine before fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute. I have seen that on her blog.
    I totally agree about the wool felt. Be sure to bring for show and tell at Woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, my Woolie group has had this discussion before...when you buy a kit you have to be careful what kind of wool is included and I have learned my lesson. I think from now on before I place an order I will email and ask what kind of wool is in the kit. Same thing happened with my Green Pieces BOM (takes some of us to get the message, lol...I had to add my own wool! But, the pattern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I'll be bringing it and maybe I'll have started a new project!!!!!!! See ya on the civil side of the war Tuesday morning!

    ReplyDelete