Followers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

On The Back Porch...

Yesterday I had the nicest little diversion.  I picked up a girlfriend of mom's to bring her out for a visit and while they were reminiscing about the old days (this girlfriend has known me since I was 3 yrs old) I drove to the seaside town of Pacific Grove to visit Back Porch Fabrics!  Gail Abeloe and her shop have been in Pacific Grove for 15 yrs.  The shop is a quilting "must see!"  They have a gallery with 6 shows a year and a total history of 90 shows!  Tomorrow you'll get to see the current show, Lighthouse Art Quilts.  The Shophop by the Bay I mentioned yesterday extends to this side of the bay and Gail's mother Dorothy has been making homemade cookies for the shop hop every year!  This year a total of 600 homemade cookies!!!  Her right hand person is Jean who you will meet later in the week...and you are going to enjoy that blog!  In the meantime sit back, spend some time with me (I can't express how important this connection is too me) and enjoy the show.  Anything you see you can check out their web site Back Porch Fabrics
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow design created with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you are finding some wonderful places to visit. Might be too far for the road trip though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sandy, one has to figure out a way to keep ones sanity and keeping my connection to the quilting world is one of them! Although I so miss my own sewing room, my sewing buddies and whhhaaaa, I missed the sewing time at BJ's last night...but life is good here and mom is making slow but positive steps forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy woolies...I see block 25 of the Civil War Quilts was posted today...I am going to be way behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie and I have shopped at this cute store when the kids were little. We made all 4 kids sit in the back with their Gameboys and play while we bought fabric. The shop was a treasure trove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these slide shows :-) Thank you for sharing them. I have also wanted to check out Back Porch for some time and this was a great start. It looks like a lovely store. Hope your mom keeps improving. Great idea to bring her friend to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know Irene (aka Davis) I haven't been in that shop in years! and I wasn't a quilter when I lived in the neighborhood...but they had my name in the computer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you Loris, even though I am there taking the photos I like to watch the slide show once it is posted...lol They have a real flair for the modern and oriental..although they do have a sense of humor also! Mom is out walking the deck 20 times back and forth on my orders! LOL

    ReplyDelete