Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Random Life

Ah, I feel like I am living a random life...trying to keep my connection to my own life and helping my poor mother.  So much has changed in such a short period of time...even though I have only done a hours worth of stitching the entire time I have been gone...I have spent at least 2 hours a day connecting to quilting and my blog, and this has sustained me.  I really wish both she and I could turn the clock back and make it go away.
The road to mom's house...I fear her beautiful place may be a thing of the past for her...one lane up a hillside..Yikes!
a birders paradise, you can't see it but at eye level off her deck is a huge hawk's nest and watching that mother fly in and out makes me want to cry for my mom.  She will be so sad if she has to leave this place.
This is my favorite room in her house.  We call it the Oriental Room.
Lover's point
When I was young I always wanted to stay at this Bed and Breakfast.  Totally out of my price range back then.  Now I can't afford it because I spend all my extra money on fabric! LOL
Only her face is untouched by this horrible disease.  But as you can see the Commodore of the Elkhorn Yacht Club still has a spark in her eye.

4 comments:

  1. Your mom looks like a very strong woman and I hope her strength helps her deal with whatever changes are necessary. What a blessing for you to be there for her. Love her exotic Oriental room. That chest is magnificent. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roberta. Her life has molded the woman she is...I know no other as strong or who has the desire for knowledge. Her recovery goal is to get an IPad and take classes at the AT&T store where they resold in Monterey lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful pics.. love your blog and bookmark so please update and add some more pics...Thanks again.

    motorcycle decals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed the photos MH, I post daily so if you are interested in quilting or quilts come back around!

    ReplyDelete