Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mentalpause

I have heard of "menopause" and "manopause" but yesterday at work I learned about "mentalpause."  After spending some time yesterday with "the friends" listening to their sage advice and reading an article that Sandy brought me called "Deadlines are Beautiful"  I am taking a deep breath.  I liked the idea of working on one old project and then switching to a new project, then an old project...then a new project.  I need to take a breather from my Primitive Gatherings BOW and do something bright!  It is not that I am not going to try and finish those BOW's this summer...or this year...it's that I need something different.  I need to put the pop back in popcorn, the fun back in funny, the sex back in sexy...ok...I know, I am losing it with all these rules!  I need to start playing in my sewing room.  How did I lose my Mojo?...could 3 BOWs push me over the quilter's cliff????  When I got home from work I started rummaging in my drawers of UFO's, WIP's, PIG's and kits...and I found the perfect one! Since my schedule was wild with trips back and forth to mom's I fell off my Weight Watcher Mojo also.  With this project I am going to get both WW and Quilting back on the fun side of life!

Chubby Chicks!


I had the pattern and the fabrics all together in a plastic bag...officially a PIG (project in grocery bag)!...plus, tonight I am invited to attend the Appreciation Dinner for volunteers of the Sisters Quilt Show out at Black Butte Ranch!!!  The Fun is Back!!!  I just have to get through today at work!  So, since I am scheduled to call the colonoscopies for Fridays schedule...you had better have followed your directions and be home with I call!  Cause I want to finish work and Parteeeeeeea!

6 comments:

  1. like colonoscopyies are fun? Sound like a pain in the butt! lol. That pattern is soooooooo cute. And you have the fabric - how great is that. Definitely fun. What is a BOW? Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who you calling a Chubby Chick? That reminds me of a pattern/book I saw called Fatty Fats. Can I borrow that pattern when your done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are on the right track again and that pattern looks like fun for sure. Glad you some of the ideas in the article. Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Vicki...a BOW is a block of the week! It is a crazy ride! and I did not get to work in the pooperoscopy dept...it was surgery and visits for me today! Glad I am off and ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hummm I like Chubby Chicks better than Fatty Fats! The pattern will be up for grabs when I am finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sandy, I am dressed and waiting for my ride! Feeling the stress of the day rolling off of me. I can't wait till tomorrow when I can start working on my Chubby Chicks!

    ReplyDelete