Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pondering Pools of Thoughts

After receiving some input yesterday from Woolie's about my guild musings I woke up with a whole lot of brain activity.  I preface these next few sentences with a explanation for those who do not know me or have not followed the blog regularly...I come from a genetic background that has the pedal to the medal.  If my pedal is not the medal..then..I am in a state of depression, which I choose to avoid.  As a child I drove my parents crazy.  Which is funny because both of them were always on "full steam ahead" mode.  I remember my dad working 3 jobs and, even when he was sleeping he had headphones on listening to study material! LOL  My mother's brain is like a huge computer that needs constant input...so what can I say...I come by this naturally.  If I have quiet time it is because by the grace of God I met HH...who taught me to day dream and there are my friends (which includes you) who give me perspective.

Today I have already put an hour in the garden, and it is not really a garden it is a hillside terraced with lava rock that I having been trying to conquer for a couple of year.  Enzo especially likes these times because he jumps and runs, interfering with the golf courses early morning ritual of mowing a 1/16th inch off the blades of grass. I decided before Marilyn and I head over to June's place that I would finish piecing the binding strips for Chubby Chicks and prep my next wool project.  I have given up my angst over my BOWs and although I am just about finished with Block 5 and have 2 more sitting in my sewing room with another 5 to arrive over the next few weeks...I really don't have to get them done before end of summer (thank you Sandy).  In fact I have all those winter months that need filling! 

Before Summer ends (the weather this past week made me think it was over) I am going to start a project from Summer Gatherings.
Welcome!  I have the pieces I need and today I will fuse and prep, that way it will be ready when the mood moves me to work on something different!

6 comments:

  1. I have that kit too :o) I can't wait to get some of those started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I have stupid question, if a person is allergic to wool....can you work on these wool patterns with out breaking out in hives...I love all of the wool kits that I saw at sew many quilts during there open house and would love to be able to do one or so..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Colleen, by this weekend when I post the project all prepped you are going to want to dig yours out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann...there is no such thing as a stupid question! Stupid answers yes...but not stupid questions. As for wool...I am sensitive with wool, I can't wait wool against my skin. I work on my wool projects and try to never touch my face, eyes, nose...as in no nose pickin' LOL because I will start itching. After I am done I wash my hands with soap and I seem to do OK. Those kits at Sew Many Quilts are to die for! Go down and play around with the piles of wool and see how you do. Then wash your handS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then you can come play with the Woolies the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at QuiltWorks!

    ReplyDelete