Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday

Whereas yesterday was Sweat Shop Saturday...today is all about the sweet!  I have filled my quilting soul with the need to do something fun!  The center of Chubby Chicks is done!  I decreased the size because I had decided during the construction that I wanted to hang it in my sewing room!  Next is the pieced inner border and then the final border.  That will have to happen later this afternoon.  I have errands to run in preparation for the next week and I know for a fact tomorrow's surgery schedule is going to be INSANE!  It would normally be my day off but I volunteered to work...hummm, maybe not smart on my part but what the hey.  If you look closely at my chicks you will notice a couple of them are not following directions! One is me of course and, the other is a friend who always walks to her own drummer!  Can you find them? 

I realized that the blog had hit 130 followers and on my continued quest to reach a certain number by next years Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show I am going to keep pushing the envelope.  Friday I sent off the first Woolie Give Away to Mary in MN. and am already orgainizing the next Give Away when the blog reaches the sweet 150 number!  So keep passing the word along, forwarding the site and I will pick something really sweet for the next Give Away.

I love this photo!!!  While sewing the Chicks together I used the final strand of thread!  Yes, an empty spool...don't you love that feeling?!  I use AURIFIL MAKO 50/2 for piecing because surprising the type of thread you choose can have an effect on how your blocks lie.  This thread is thin, strong and most importantly, no lint!  But, it takes forever to use up a spool!  A little spendier but in the long run it is worth it.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Love the chicks! It will cheer you and Enzo on a regular basis. Nice that you could put your own character in there...marching with your friend to your own drum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spring quilt!! I have only got one spool of Aurofil...can't find it here in Canada?? Or at least in any of our shops!! I have to stock up when I find it!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could anyone not love the chicks!!! Thanks Loris...and you are right Enzo is all about the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one spool! Don't tell any of your quilting friends otherwise you will have quilters dressed in black lurking around your house seeking the one spool of thread! If you run out I know where you can get more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aurofil is my FAVORITE thread. It is so worth it. It's the ONLY thread I use when I machine quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna,
    I recently moved from Sisters to Boise, ID and I open your Woolie Mammoth blog first thing every morning. It keeps me connected to the Quilt World I left behind, it feeds my soul, Thank you,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irene, I never have quilted using Aurofil! I use it just for piecing! So how many colors are their for actually machine quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lulu, I am so glad you get to stay connected to the Central Oregon quilt community! I have never been to Boise but I here the town and quilt store are very nice! I love that the blog feeds your soul...it does the same for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, love Aurifil thread - use it for machine and hand piecing and applique (50/2 weight) and for hand embroidery (12 weight).

    I have that pattern with the chickies - have had it on my side desk for several years, waiting patiently to be worked on/made (takes me quite a while to finish anything:). Maybe I should take a hint from you and start it up!

    :) linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought to use it for applique. How does it work? I did see a friend use it for Redwork and I do have some but have yet to try it...like you I have stuff sitting around here waiting to be done! LOL Those chubby chicks are awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete