Followers

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Replaced


I get it...I really do...especially since I became a passionate quilter.  Passion for something can occasionally replace passion for someone.  But, as with all thing in life...to be happy there has to be balance.  I love my Janome 6600.  Maybe not as much as HH or Enzo or the rest of my family...but I can say unequivocally I even love my Janome more than Patty!  I have had hours of  creativity at the altar of my Janome and so this week when HH decided to get a pick up truck...I saw that same love in his eyes.  No, not for me but, for the truck.  He has worked hard to get the water spots off the windshield, buffed her paint job...and even let Enzo get inside.  The truck represents a dream of retirement, camping...traveling.  For me the truck represents retirement, traveling and new quilt shops.  Of course that won't come for a few more years.  Because...we gotta and need to keep working.

Anne of Cotton 'n Wool said I should have a "name that truck GiveAway"...HH didn't laugh.  But, he did agree to have a photo taken of him and his new love.  This is my weekend to work so I know they will be having a great weekend together!

Today as I am spending time with Robin at work.  (We are the duo scheduled to get the "weekend warriors" successfully into the operating room.) I will leave you with one of my favorite thoughts...

Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls.  The balls are called work, family, health, friends and integrity.  And you're keeping all of them in the air.  But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball.  If you drop it, it will bounce back.  The other four balls - family, health, friends, integrity - are made of glass.  If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.  And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.

Have a great Saturday and I hope not to see you!

5 comments:

  1. Tell HH he looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him......however many years ago that was! So unfair!! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to HH on his new love! I loved the juggling balls story, as it's certainly true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terri...I am gonna tell him that cause he says he is feeling old these days! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Corny I pass the congrats on to HH. I have the juggling story printed on a piece of paper on my sewing table...just as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete