Followers

Friday, August 26, 2011

"Standing In Your Truth"

I am not sure about you but I tend to play games with myself in order to accomplish what I need too in my day to day life.  I lead a VERY busy life...of my own choosing.  If I have too much down time...I get antsy.  But, just being busy does not a successful person make.  You have to be organized, flexible and develop new battle plans for success.  I know I'll eat expensive cafeteria food if I don't make my lunch the night before.  If I don't exercise in the morning...I am not going to be exercising that day.  Last one out of bed, makes the bed so I always get up first!  Are you like that?  Do you manipulate your own mind  in order to get stuff done? 

Where I have my biggest challenges is in keeping abreast of the incoming mail and my sewing room.  Now the mail is not my fault.  There is way too much junk mail and I don't pick it up every day because I am afraid of what is in the box.  But now that the BOW is done I can start picking up the mail regularly and maybe not have piles of it on the table.  As for my sewing room...I am the General!...and I have a battle plan.  Unfortunately, so far I am not moving the battle line...at all.

Then my friend Sandy (quilt therapist) asked me why I was keeping the BOW's in the mailing envelopes.  I thought just by opening the envelopes I could consider them half done.  Sandy made me realize that I need to "stand in my truth" (that's a Suzi Orman phrase).  I couldn't even sit in my rocker because they were all piled there...mocking me!


So I ripped open the envelopes and separated the 3 BOW's (who is their right mind does 3 BOW's)  no wonder I need a Quilt Therapist!


Guess what...opened...they all fit in the project box and the lid even closes!!!


So, I guess this blog is about "standing in your truth"  That sometimes when you face reality...it really isn't so bad and in fact taking off the blinders allows you to occasionally relax in your rocking chair.

6 comments:

  1. I am a little of both, I tend to organize my day and things I do, but since life goes it's own way, I am flexible to change;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe being a little bit of both gives us peace and excitement...and today while organizing my project for a retreat at the end of Sept...I am happier being flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When faced with a task that I don't know how to do, or am uncomfortable doing, I know that procrastinating builds it's importance...and scariness...up to the point that I put it off even longer. I have a couple of them to do today, as a matter of fact. I usually find out at the end that it was far worse in my mind than in reality. So it's better to just grit your teeth and take the bull by the horns and just do it. (What you said about the exercise and other things....really hit the nail on the head. I do exactly the same thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Corney I think you must be a "sister from another mother" I used to have a tablet in the kitchen that said Procrastintors list! lol I read your comment and I faced my fears cleaned the downstairs bathroom before Robin showed for dinner! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has only barely started my BOW. I am still waiting on my finishing kit. Not sure yet if I will use it to finish this quilt. Think I might want to finish it my own unique way, not good at making a cookie cutter quilt. I like to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marj...you are a fellow quilter who is drowing in BOW packets!!! It is the sisterhood of the BOW! a new blog title! lol I ordered the pattern/wool finishing kit, just wasn't excited about the border.

    ReplyDelete