Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Who Ya Gonna Call? Quiltbusters!

I had an errand filled day yesterday morning (mailing off charm packs, joining a gym, dropping books at the library, grocery shopping...all the things I needed to get done on a Monday...in the afternoon I got some "me" time and wanted to finish some hand work on a "need to finish this project!" project.  My shopping buddy Lori and I (both Fabric Stalkers) took this class together and "we" need to get it done. Because, we are heading on our yearly shopping extravaganza on the way to the yearly beach retreat in September.

So I worked on it all afternoon (I now have an empty project box...oh yeah...who's you're mama!)  While hand stitching I watched the latest Quilt Show, the quilt movie "Stitched" and found this video...which made me really happy about young people!  Stick with it...you gotta laugh that a group of kids made this!






Here is my finished bag!  I am going to put some buttons and pins on it.


The inside has a pincushion, needle holder, scissor holder, ruler pocket, rotary cutter pocket, ironing pad and the middle ribbons hold the pearl cotton!

Have a good Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. I really love your bag, I need to make real ones, but was hoping I could get a class at our pfaff shop, so I can learn first and not fumble through it;)

    I tape the quilt shows so I can watch them when I work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a cute bag for hand stitching, and I love the video too. Is there a place to store the project in it too??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a lovely job on your bag. It looks like it will get lot of use.

    Enjoy it and your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Debbie, the bag was actually...a block of the month...although there weren't any blocks. That helped a lot because I had never made anything like that!
    I subscribe to Alex Anderson and Ricky Timm's show online so I can watch on my lap top. On the site is a button about the movie "Stitched" which was very fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't that video a hoot...and for those kids to take the time to make it! Thank you for the compliment...I am proud of my bad. It can hold a project in the big square pocket but, realistically only one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandi! I am counting the days till retreat, which won't be until the end of Sept. But by then I will be totally orgainized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable bag! How fun to use when you are stitching. :-) Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya know Sandie...I think with a bag like that I could show up and not even have to stitch anything! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag turned out so great. You will use it alot I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The video is hilarious.
    Cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks you guys...I am quite proud of it!

    ReplyDelete