Followers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Wicked

Today's blog requires a preface.  Yesterday, I completed my latest Redwork project and before you view it I must tell you about my sister.  I was a 9 years old only child when she was adopted.  She was 12 years old in the middle range of her sibling lineup.  In the first volume of our life she was actually a sibling of my mothers, living oversees.  From the time I was 5 years old I knew my parents were in the process of adoption but it took many years to traverse the legaleeze to accomplish the task.  And so at the age of 9 I became the youngest child and my aunt/sister became an oldest child.  Ahhh life has a wicked sense of humor!  Our early years naturally were a struggle and we had all the same issues that siblings have along with a scoop of the unusual.  But, both being in survival mode we figured a way to grow in love.  She is my Soul Sista!!!  And so, my latest project is in no way reflective of my feeling about her...In this life,  I ended up with a "wicked" sense of humor!

Anna & Kim
although my sister doesn't quilt she is a fabulous entertainer and chef!

...and so when a Fabric Stalker showed me her latest pattern purchase I had to make it!!! Because I love Redwork, I love the Wizard of Oz and I have a wicked sense of humor!  I needed a project to stitch tonight when I go to a friend's house for a little girl time.  I am going to big stitch the project and hang it on the door of my sewing room!  Doesn't it just make you laugh out loud!!!! (Lasting Treasures) if you click on the photo it will enlarge.

8 comments:

  1. So cute - redwork projects are so fun. I hope your sister loves this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not cute! It's Wicked!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so which one of you is the evil twin. LOL

    Love the redwork! (I think I know which is the evil twin) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Terri...you have known me way too long! LOL Evil...as in EEEE-VIL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Corny, I smiled through the entire construction!

    ReplyDelete