Followers

Monday, August 29, 2011

WWWWaaaait!!! I Shoulda Had A V8!

Getta a cup of coffee cause this story is going to take a while to explain.  For the newbies to the blog you will have to start from about mid summer reading in order to get the full effect of my BOW drama!  ...here goes...like I had any control of this manic life I live, being predisposed by my genetics I had 3 BOW's going (that's Block of the WEEK) from Primitive Gatherings.  A beautiful wool flowered block, a 4 inch star block (5 would arrive at a time) and a freebie wool coaster.  Hang in there...this story has more drama...by the middle of July I started to have melt downs...they were coming too fast, a week would just breeze by!  In order to deal with the panic I stopped visiting my mail box, developed a adversarial relationship with my mail person (because of how full my box would get.)  There were times I would have to put my foot against the mail box to pull the mail out (ok, maybe a little too much drama) but that's what it felt like.  Then the envelopes started piling up!  I was plugging along working on the blocks as I could, never to reach that point where I was waiting for the mail to arrive so I could start the next block


Here is Block 6 finished!  I thought by ripping the tops of the envelopes opened that counted as half done! Until a fellow Woolie told me I should just take them out, separate the BOW's and put them in a project box.  Since I was going on retreat at the end of Sept. I thought I would get organized now (what a thought)...so, that's what I did I took them apart, put them in separate project boxes without looking at them and then, prepped all the freebie blocks.  Feeling quite smug I decided to prep Block #7 and was looking through the project box...WHAT THE HEY????  There were TWO as in #2,  Block 8's!!!!  At first I was confused...then I felt vindicated...I wasn't overwhelmed...Primitive Gatherings was sending me too many!!!  When I looked at the baggies the name was Pati Beck???  Who are you Pati???  Then I checked my star BOW and there was a packet with her name on it!!!  Oh be still my freakin' heart!  There is another wacko out there who signed up for as many as I did!!!  I emailed Primitive Gatherings but have yet to hear back.  I would have discovered this mistake had I opened the packages earlier but hey, a quilters gotta do what a quilters gotta do.

Now, I am happy and my postal person is happy!


Here is my Henrietta BOM.  It is turning out really cute.  I have 4 blocks completely done.  Block #5 half done and 6-8 prepped!  I was thinking about giving it away as a gift but when HH saw it...he thought it was nice! So I decided to keep it an personalize it.  I embroidered our address on the front door of the house and put our street name on block #3.

Hope you have a great day...as for me, I am feeling relaxed now that I realize my melt downs were not my fault!

13 comments:

  1. You have got alot done! Give yourself a pat on the back :-) The blocks look beautiful...your HH is right! And when you take that container to the retreat, you'll get them prepped and will make even more progress. Love your Henrietta! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You are about ready for that retreat now that you are relaxing. lol With all of the blocks prepped for sewing, you'll sail through them in no time. It would be ironic if Pati is one of those people who are tapping their toes, waiting for their BOW to show up, wouldn't it?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts, I gave up on trying BOM's, I never finish them, lol.
    Today is catch up day, finally have power and house needed cleaning, laundry and garden and cooking all the veggies, ugh.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Loris, your comment really gave me a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Corney...you crack me up! I bet you are right maybe I kept Pati from moving on...mean girls that I am! It will be fun on retreat to have every thing prepped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie there is nothing like cleaning up after a party thrown by Irene! Be safe! I seem to stay on task with BOM's...not so much with BOW's LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so I just got started on henretta, love it, however the pattern I down loaded doesnt say what size the square in a squares are suppose to be so I have been trying to wing it and getting a little frustrated my self...what size is it suppose to be? hummm

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That is so funny! You were stressing just a little too much over those BOW! How many duplicates did they send you?

    Henrietta is looking extraordinarily cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crazy scooter riding woman! You are so much like me that it is right down scary. Loved reading your story. PS: My oldest son sent me a text the other night that was nothing but a dumb picture, didn't take me long that figure out that that huge gorgeous, knock me out beautiful sparkling thing was an engagement ring on his soon to be wife's finger. She said yes, he went to Jared's and we are all thrilled. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Terri...they only send one duplicate block...but it felt like 10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya know Jeanne...they say you have a twin somewhere in the world! So exciting! We also have a wedding next year...Connor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, the square in a square for Henrietta is a 4.5 inch block with 4- 2.5 inch blocks on each corner. Should be a 4.5 inch unfinished block! She is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much for the info

    ReplyDelete