Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back in the Broken Saddle Again...

I can't express my gratitude enough for all the support on this blog in helping me travel through my grief.  I could not respond to all the comments individually but know that I read each and every one and held them in my heart.  Both of my parents left this world in the blink of an eye.  Most of us hope for this kind of passage but for those left behind it was a nano second...and our hearts are still trying to take a breath of air.  Although I said I would start talking quilting again...I had to share a couple more photos and the slide show of the wonderful day I spent at Crater Lake while mom was sailing her last race...and there is a snip of reference to quilting in the slide show...just to ease myself back.  I am finding it much easier to communicate on the computer than face to face...which always brings the tears.

Look at what my son Connor found!  Peyton (my cousin's daughter) loves her Connor!
see the BunnyHill Quilt she is wrapped in!

My sister and I visited the boat which friends had placed some flowers/balloon.
I spent part of my younger years sailing and sleeping on this boat...and in fact when I was 7 months pregnant with Peter, my oldest son HH and my mom sailed to San Francisco and docked it on the Sausilito side of the bay.  HH and I stayed on the boat for a week and, because we were inside bay waters I had to pee in a coffee can and haul it up to the bathroom rather than use the bathroom on the boat!  Try that at 7 months pregnant!!!


Flowers spread on my parents grave site.  They are buried in a historic cemetery with the ocean in sight, sea breeze and fog rolling in.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo slideshow

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the slide show of Crater Lake and yesterday's about your Mom. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy, I have to say that I could not believe it was only a 2 hour drive to Crater Lake and we had never been there! It is well worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know those pics would make up into a beautiful tribute quilt.....glad that you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories of your mom and her life.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'll make something...just not sure what. But I brought home all her real estate and sailing pins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I used to say I was Elizabeth Taylor's daughter and people would say...who is her daughter. There were times it was hard to stand next to her spot light but having an unusual mother has it's benefits and the memories are wonderfully unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANNA - STOP with the pictures of Central Oregon, you're making me want to move there.
    I remember the first time I went to Crater Lake, I was memorized by it. Thanks for the memories.
    PS: it's about time you went there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna, the pictures of Crater Lake are so beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing all of the slides. Your Parents final resting place sounds just so lovely and special. They are together again for ever. Thanks for sharing the story of your Mother in your previous post. Hugs to you from Australia.((())) Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come on Eileen...we could use another fantastic quilter!!! Come over to the Central Oregon side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sandy for the hugs...I need them. Their final resting place is a wonderful spot for those who like the brisk ocean air. The only thing that pulls on my heart strings is that neither my sister or I live there. But HH says the Monterey Bay is a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete