Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guess What


Guess what I am doing???  This week time has been crazy.  My cell phone has been ringing constantly with people who need answers...my brain is leaking cells that might help me...and now it is the day before I leave on the Fabric Stalkers beach retreat!  I went up into my sewing room with no clue and so, just sat in the rocking chair...frozen on where to begin.  Do I want new projects or old projects.  Ultimately I decided old projects.  It won't take as much effort to concentrate...I can just continue where I left off...and...there is the possibility of actually finishing something which will give me an extra boost.

My list includes my civil war blocks, Primitive Gathering star blocks, Primitive Gathering wool BOW, Henrietta BOM, Basket wall hanging, wool star coasters, apron box, pillow case box, wool snowman pillow and last but not least...quilting a baby quilt for my new grandson arriving in January who I was told would be named Wyatt Cash Bates...I love the little guy already.  As for new projects, I missed my first Lucky Charm class and a fellow Fabric Stalkers is bringing her so I may try to fit that in and I have the first step to the Mystery by mail with Lawry Thorn from the Stitchin Post.  I also have a Turkey wool project that would be nice to get done before November!....and of course there will be some retail therapy on the way and I might end up with a new project!!!! 

Anyhoo...I doubt I will be bored!  I'll be blogging my days at the beach quilting...I love the sound of that!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I have started packing for my 5 month trip...and like you, I want to take EVERYTHING!! My hubby keeps saying you have to cut back...but WHERE???
    Happy packing...
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow with all of that how are you going to enjoy the peace of the beach....take time to smell the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think you were gonna be gone for months, thought it was just a few days. You'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a beach vacation myself, lol. My sister does have a place on the outer banks, now if I could just find a good week to go there. I always bring things and then end up having too much fun to do much sewing, but I do like to stitch on long drives.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are ready for a long trip. Hopefully you get lots done! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm leaving for PIQF in a couple of weeks. I'm meeting Diane there and then we are going to her house in the mountains afterwards for a week of sewing and then her guilds quilt show. I have done no packing and haven't really given too much thought about what I want to work on while there.

    Gawd! Don't take all your UFOs. Pick 3 and call it good! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing break, Anna. I have a VERY long list of UFO's too. :( -or should I say I am working on my PHD's ( projects half done)? well it sounds better. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a long of Ufos too.I hope you have fun and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys crack me up! Robin says better to much than a whinning Anna who doesn't have anything to work on...which has happened before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Querida Rosa,

    Quiero que me diga cuántos UFO tiene? Mentes curiosas!

    ReplyDelete