Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Humble Pie

Ok...after a long day at work yesterday...and I mean a long day...I was served a piece of humble pie.  Where you ask did I get a piece of humble pie...at QuiltWorks!  After work I scooted over to QuiltWorks for their wonderful First Friday event.  The featured quilter was Barbara Copeland and the Under Cover Quilts.  I am going to preface the slide show by saying...Barbara and I started quilting the same year, 1993.  Whereas I have become the queen of the BOW and BOM...Barbara has become an award winning quilter...as in Paducah, Huston....you know what I am talking about!  Even in a small community of quilters as I live in...I had not seen Barbara in several years but we connected right away.  Now, instead of being fellow quilters our relationship has progressed to teacher and student.  That's right, after seeing her quilts I signed up for her machine quilting class in October at QuiltWorks!

Before you watch the slide show...I want to give you the stone cold truth.  Barbara quilts by machine... on her Bernina. 

Excuse the shadow of my big head in some photos...and the place was packed so I could not get individual shots of the Under Cover quilts...but, they are still wonderful. I hope you are in awe of Barbara's quilt slides...I know I left there shaking my head...and, glad I got a slot in her class.  If you are local...head down to QuiltWorks and sign up for the Oct. class.  Barbara swore to me that I would learn to be one with my machine!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow created with Smilebox

17 comments:

  1. all I can say is wow....just on her Bernia....wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right. They are all stunning. The red and white and blue and white quilts took my breath away. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing. Does that shop do something like this on every first Friday? Very kool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful quilting and quilts. I'm sure you will learn a ton taking a class from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Ann...and she is offering a class at QuiltWorks in October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonderful experience of living in Bend is the continuous activites available! Downtown there is an Art Walk the frist Friday of each month with wine and food provided by the galleries. QuiltWorks also has a rotation exhibit with a lots of wonderful eats/drinks the first Friday of each month...it is a wonderful venue for the quilters of the community!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait Diane...I have always...and I mean always been at odds with my machine when it came to quilting. Piecing is a breeze...quilting...not so much! She swore to me last night that I would be able to quilt like an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. …in person…it is double WOW! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The blue and red Feathered Star quilts are amazing! Real show stoppers.

    I've been eating the machine quilting humble pie for about as long as I've been quilting. I just can't seem to get comfortable with it. Some days are better than others but still......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara's quilts and her quilting are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! She is a master quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Terri she is giving a class on Oct. 22 and 29th at QuiltWorks...I'll have my extra bedroom open for you! She swears after the class you'll be one with your machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know Cathy I keep viewing the slide show over and over and stop and starting. During the show at QuiltWorks I grabbed her and made her come over to the quilt with brown/black border so she could explain how she accomplished the quilting...her answer...take my class...guess what, I'm taking her class!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yvette...either master or not of this world! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the offer Anna! Unfortunately I'm out of state during the first class.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great quilts those were! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome Corney...don't you love how quilters are so willing to pass on their gifts!

    ReplyDelete