Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Gotta Go!!!


When my friend Anne of Cottons 'n Wool and I were talking I said, "I gotta Go!" and she said, "Where?  Do you have to use the restroom?"  LOL  But in fact I received a Accuquilt Go! as an early birthday present from HH.  I am so excited but at the same time aprehensive.  It is a wonderful piece of equipement but choosing which dies are worth the money they cost is tough!  It came with a basic 5 inch square, half square triangle and 2 inch square.  I added a circle template and a hexagon template.  I have ordered 2.5 in. strips and 3.5 inch tumbler block...now I need to just think.  If you have a "Go" what are your favorite dies???



Isn't this little hexagon block cute out of Bunny Hill Fabrics!

Don't forget the Give Away!  My email is screaming so if you can...send just one quilt photo and one stash/quilt room photo.  my email provider is lecturing me! LOL  send the photo to avalon@bendbroadband.com and post a comment on The Give Away 

8 comments:

  1. You will love being able to cut more, faster and free your time for quilting. I love the tumbler and I got a chisel, that is great for braids too. I would definitely get the hexagons, I use that the most. I do mine by hand without paper, so nice to have the go make perfect cuts without printing paper and tracing and cutting;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be watching to see how you and other readers like using the Accuquilt Go and what templates you all find most useful. After all Christmas and my birthday are coming up in a few months and Mr. never knows what to get me. I will be watching for super sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the 1/2 square triangle, cause my favorite block is the churn dash...I get most of my die off of ebay, much less expencive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie when you hand stitch your hexagons how do you turn it under and hold it, glue, fuse???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharney Lea that is the info I want!!! what is the most useful. I will post my journey and bring you along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, are the dies on ebay used or new? Who is selling them on ebay? as for the half square triangle what size is the finished square?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the die that I have bought on ebay have all been bran new, sold by a shop on line and my churn dash squares are finished 9x9's I got the 1/2 square and the square that matches in size

    ReplyDelete