Followers

Friday, September 2, 2011

I Have A Dream...


I have a dream of making an heirloom quilt.  The kind of quilt where a century from now quilters will see it hanging in some museum and wonder who is Woolie?

...and so I signed up to start a new BOM (not BOW) in October with Homestead Hearth Quilting to make the quilt pictured above.  They will ship 6 blocks at a time or portions of the border each month.  I have chosen the 1800's colorway and can't tell you how excited I am about this next project.  Of course...one cannot attempt a project of this magnitude without doing it with some quilting friends...and so there is a merry band of 3...wild and crazy quilters.  If you are tempted...come along for the ride!

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ambitious of you Anna, and what fun you and your quilting friends will have. It's going to be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowzeeeee that's a beautiful quilt. It will surely be an heirloom - the border alone is almost a quilt in itself. It's always fun to have projects to work on together - keeps everyone motivated. Good Luck - it will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been tempted by this for a long time. I look forward to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Signed up last week and cannot wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Enjoy!! So if it's not a BOW, and is a BOM but you get 6 blocks at a time, do you get shipments of the 6 every month (or the border) or just every 6 months?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWEE!!! Good luck on what looks like a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to pass on this one, but you go, Girl!!!!!! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quily!!is hand or machine applique?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Eileen, hopefully I won’t disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah...I like being thought of as ambitious rather than crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Karen! one of my friends is already reworking the border and the BOM hasn't even started!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come on Yvette...you know you want to do it!!! We could start a BOM block posting right here on the Woolie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don’t I wish a package would arrive every 6 months….Corney you totally crack me up and I need a laugh after a work day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unique!!!! I am so excited you are traveling the same journey...we must exchange photos of our progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Come on Peggy...you can join us...we would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Synthia...you had better believe that I am going to be posting each and every stitch I make on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't decided yet Rosa...what do you think????

    ReplyDelete
  19. One Word--- WOW!!!! Generations will be fighting over it long after you're gone....

    ReplyDelete