Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, 생일 축하합니다, Joyeux anniversaire, feliz cumpleaños

Today is my 58th birthday!  I am not sure why but the number 58 has a nice ring to it.  I usually celebrate my birthday for at least a week but, was a little off kilter this week...today...I woke up ready to greet my 58th year! And plan on celebrating all weekend.  When I came downstairs HH had a cup of coffee waiting and a big pink package!  He really has me dialed in...lol...even included a card by one of my favorite artist, Susan Mrosek of Tuscon, Az.  I have always loved her art, quirky, unusual, funny, sad, deep...you name it.

The script on this card says, "The day came when every morsel craved was placed passionately upon her tongue, and she felt deserving enough to swallow.


Don't you just love this bag!!!  lots of colorful tissue and the bag is real sturdy!  I am a sucker for packaging!


...and look what was inside!!! A clock for my computer desk!  Isn't it beautiful...in it's burnt red glory.  The one thing about HH...he is always going to surprise you.


Then I remembered that when I was down in California a couple of packages arrived which I had just dumped into my sewing room unopened.  I decided today was the perfect day for them to be opened!  A birthday surprise to myself!  I can't wait to use that tumbler die!!!

I know I will continue to have moments of the "ugly cry" but my mom was a strong adventuresome soul and she would want me to pick myself up, and start putting one foot in front of the other towards an adventure...and in many ways I am cut from the same cloth. In a card I received from my sister she wrote, Have a great birthday because mom in her spirit wants you to enjoy. Even though mom was going to be visiting me on my birthday she gave me my birthday gift a month early...very zen of her...a gym membership.  On Tuesday I was crying in the pool and then I said thank you.

19 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday Anna!! The first one is always the hardest.
    Take care!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a very happy birthday, you should treat your self to a massage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you. Have a great day!!! I always love getting suprizes tooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Birthday to you!
    What a wonderful surprise from your husband, a man who knows how to shop, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Anna. Hugs and kisses. Warm thoughts always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! Have a great day. Hubby did good in the gift department. Love the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. Your working through your grief with wonderful support.
    OMGOSH, I love that clock! I want that clock! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Have a fabulous day. Love the clock and the die cuts too....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy birthday dear friend! Kick up your heels and have an extra fun day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas,muchas felicidades.Te deseo un año muy feliz!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, gracias for all the birthday wishes! It was a busy errand day but I got a lot done and...in less than an hour I will be sitting in front of a Madori margarita!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm almost too late :-o but want to join in wishing you a Happy Birthday and a grand year. Love the clock gift...it's beautiful. Hope you day and week (and year) are full of love and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you birthday hugs from across the pond. I know your dear Mother is with you in spirit, Anna! X.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anna, I sent you an ecard, so if it isn't in your emails, check your junk!!! :) HUGS...........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Anna! Hope your day is full of love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a very happy birthday - belated - and remember how much you are loved!

    You'll love you new dies I have those and love them )ok my tumbler is the large one but I love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Again Thank you for all the birthday wishes...my birthday celebration continues today as I am having a birthday lunch with a couple of girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!!! I hope that your day (or week...lol) is as special as you are!

    ReplyDelete