Followers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Success!

You have to understand, I am my mother's daughter and thus am not a big spender! I do on the other hand, have less issues with it than she did (except in a quilt store where I have big issues, mea culpa, mea culpa) When I want something, it has to look at least similar to what I imagine or I can wait.  The designer who helped me with the chair size also told me I needed a round coffee table no more than 30 inches in circumference...do you know how hard that is to find?! Impossible!!!  Yesterday, HH took me on a quest to find the perfect coffee table...as the designer stated..."our living room has a lot going on in it."  This translates to...you have no design sense.  The thing about our house is nothing matches but...we love all our stuff!  The other thing is if I am going to make a big design faux pas I'm bring HH along to make it with me...and Enzo too.  By the 4th stop we hit an huge used & antique store where stuff is piled 3 deep and 3 high.  You really have to pick around and watch out for stuff above! It is in this unusual store stuck way off the beaten path in a little traveled industrial area that we found it!  It is actually an end table...but what the heck, none of our stuff matches anyway...and, the best part is it fits perfectly.


Enzo is exhausted from all the shopping.


...in the same warehouse I found this cute mohair bear with his pop gun for $5!!!!


...and this gravy bowl (made in the USA) which I could have used 3 days ago.


Yesterday evening we started decorating.  In our household the tradition of Christmas decorating is combined with "snack dinner." which means "no cooking."  A selection of cheeses, crackers, olives and meats served on a platter (on our new coffee table) to enjoy while we decorate the tree.  Since the kids are grown and in their own homes, snack dinner now includes Spanish Coffees...oh yeah, we do enjoy our decorating.


We do have the most awesome dog and he is such a great sport!


Hope your Sunday is filled with love and family!

10 comments:

  1. Great table! Where is the of the beaten path shop? I need to go there :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice table! Yes, I know how hard that is...I too have been looking for a coffee table ~ our current one is too big. No BIG surprise that every one I see is ginormous.

    I love snack dinners too, and cheese/meat trays are the best ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorator sounds like ours. She was kind of a pain but I was happy with the outcome. Love your end table and Enzo is a sweetie. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new table is beautiful! Perfecto!!!! So glad you found it. I looked for years for a small coffee table. Never could find one. Everything in the furniture stores is HUGE. Finally my husband made one, exactly the right size, out of walnut. It's just what we wanted and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking table One of my favorite things is rumaging threw antique stores so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your table, wonderful piece for a table.
    I do not use a coffee table, not enough room, so I have side tables.
    Sounds like a good way to decorate;) I used to love snack platters, but can't eat cheeses and things anymore.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great coffee table! It looks like those are storage drawers too, which would be a great feature. Who cares if everything doesn't match-matchy. That's just decorator talk for "you just didn't spend enough money". lol I think us creative types call it eclectic. Eclectic is very good.

    Your bear and gravy boat are good finds too. You aren't a shopper, you're a treasure hunter. Lots more fun than shopping.

    We always have the snack platter dinner thing on Christmas Eve, which was a tradition that I started so that I didn't have to cook. lol But I have to ask....what is Spanish coffee???? It looks delicious and HH seems to really be enjoying it! Enzo...not so much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect table! We don't have a coffee table either because of space, but i think I could get that one to work too! Enzo is a cute Santa! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The way you get to the shop is head down 9th street, turn on Texton like you are going to the Redeux furniture shop…when you reach the corner where Redeux is on the corner you turn left and the shop is on the right. Enjoy…it is worth the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to shop in places like that. You bought a beautiful table, it's a keeper. Enzo is a real trooper and a cute Santa! ;-> Toni Anne

    ReplyDelete