Followers

Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Spa 101

look at me!  My turkey was beautiful!!!  I guess in order to roast a perfect turkey you need to provide it with a spa treatment and let it run around naked in your fridge!  The dinner was wonderful, shared with great friends and even though I was missing mom I kept  busy all day making new dishes!


...and look at those pears!  They turned out perfectly and tasted delish!  You cut off the bottom and hallow out the center.  Stuff them with Gorgonzola cheese and pecans that have been pulsed, put the bottom back on and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Then place on a bed of arugula that has been tossed with balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil.


In between cooking I put together my latest quest towards organization in my sewing room.  I saw a similar idea in a quilt magazine but when I tried to order the rack from the company their site was too difficult to wade through...but, I still wanted a spinning rack for my small patterns.  Those small envelopes seem to always get lost.  Then I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found this rack!  I even got to use my $5 coupon.  After putting it together I used some Italian paperclips as hangers and...voila


Working today so I did not go out shopping at midnight, nor will I be hitting the bricks with the rest of the Black Friday warriors! Like Paulette over at Sweet Pea! Have a safe shopping day!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like your new recipes were a hit. I have no desire to go out shopping and getting bumped by crazy shoppers, lol. I need a day of rest for me and to clean up some messes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turkey looks delish!!! All that effort finally paid off. I thought when you said you had to put it in the fridge uncovered, that would make the skin nice and crisp when it was baked. Lovely picture! Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks fabulous! I'm so glad that the pears came out so well. I think that I might even need the recipe for that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that cooking and your kitchen looks so clean and tidy! Looks like a wonderful meal. Despite being bombarded with ads about the spectacular deals today, I've managed so far to stay home and am probably the saner for it. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your spa bird look marvelous!! :-) I am not a black Friday shopper either. ;-) Hope work isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I did!! And now my dogs are barking...and I'm not talking about Molly or Rylie!! OMGosh...you Americans really do know how to have SALES!! haha Loved every moment and every line-up!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely bird Anna! The pears look and sound delish!

    I spent Black Friday finishing my Mariner's Compass quilt which is now hanging in my entry hall. Yay!

    ReplyDelete