Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Dance & The Winner!


It came in the mail...no, not the Publisher's Clearinghouse Winner...something even better!!!  My Quilter's Affair registration packet!  I have been trying for years to register for a class I am interested in taking.  But, due to some complications like mailbox phobia, ADD, organization disorder and calendar dysfunction I have always gotten the rejection letter.  It is the only time I have received rejection letters.  Every college I applied too accepted me...every job I chose to apply for I have gotten, except the one where I tried to become a scoop journalist for The Source (a local paper).  I think they didn't call me back cause of age discrimination and I wasn't dressed cool, no tats, no tribal piercings.  I have received the Quilter's Affair rejection letter so many times that I knew when I saw this one...I had hit the mother load!  WINNER, WINNER, WINNER!



I ceremoniously opened the letter with my cool letter opener and there was my pink name badge!  I had finally sent it in right away...as in, thank god I went to the mailbox, filled it out and stood at the Post Office till it opened so I could drop it in the inside slot.


I am now the proud student of a Sue Spargo "Wool Circle Play" class.  I have been wanting to take one of her classes that teach all that fun stitching you can do with wool!  I am going to sit in the front row and be her best student! Not like First Grade where I sat in the back row with tape across my mouth.   I also get to enjoy the fun lecture called "Dots & Spots" with Tonye Phillips and Kathy Deggendorfer!


...and the winner of the "Soul Mates" pattern is...Sandie@crazyboutquilts who said, " Oh! I have always loved that pattern too!  I would love to make it~and I'm a happy follower. :-) Thanks for the chance!" So send me your mailing address and I will drop the pattern in the mail next week!

Life is Good!



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting into her class. I do the same thing, I procrastinate and then it is too late, lol. I would love to have a book with all the embellishing techniques and fancy stitching.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Here I am reading along and so excited for you to get into Sue's class and I see my name!! :-) Whoohoo! And congratulations to you for making the class!~ Now what is this about tape on your mouth? :-o Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting into Sue's class. I'll be interested in hearing what you thing about her teaching style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on getting into Sue´s Class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Anna - we will be so anxious to hear all about the class and lecture - good for you! It was your time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting into the class!! I hope that you will show your friends some of the cool stuff that you are going to learn! lol

    Also, congrats to Sandie for winning the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will LOVE your classes. I have taken three classes from Sue and one from Tonye and they were absolutely great. You will have so much fun and I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I can hardly wait until you share with us your class report and the fun projects you will do after the class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, I don't want you to think I am an ungrateful winner~ the pattern hasn't arrived yet. Maybe it is taking a scenic route?

    ReplyDelete