Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ms. Inspiration


I am a blessed quilter because all I have to do is turn to my friend locally and on the Internet for inspiration.  One of the quilters that I continue to enjoy the "WOW" factor from is Anne from Cottons 'n Wool Not only does she have a house to die for, a quilting studio that makes you want to have a "sit in" and never leave...she also is a fabulous quilter.  I love her choice of fabrics, patterns and  decor.  The quilt featured here is a Bonnie Blue Quilt and is absolutely wonderful. The fabrics, colors, tone and value all sing to me!


I am now on pins and needles waiting for a call from my son and DIL.  Lucky me they want me to be there for the birth of their first baby together.  And, I get to hang with my grandson who is also awaiting the arrival of a much anticipated baby brother.  Since I couldn't give my employer a specific date of arrival I took this next week off.  Which means if I don't get the call I am going to get a lot of quilting done...those projects don't have a chance!  I am hoping the weather improves a little since one of the mountain passes was closed due to a land slide!

Today Robin is picking me up for a jaunt to some art galleries! Life is Good! 

have a Stupendous Saturday!


6 comments:

  1. Anne's quilt is wonderful..and you are sew right about how inspirational she is!! Love her stuff!
    Congratulations of the getting to watch a grand child being born!! How exciting!! No PAIN...but lots to gain!! :o)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grammy, hope the little guy comes while you are off work next week, but if not I can't wait to see all that quilting you're going to accomplish! Say hi to Robin for me and have a fun day!
    Love Annes Quilt!

    Twilene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Anne's stunning quilt, "Glory Bound" - had to check as it looked familiar, and yes, I have the pattern - on my to-do list - hers is very inspiring - I'm so glad you shared it!

    How exciting about the new baby - can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things go according to plan, so you can enjoy the new member to your family.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne's quilt is so beautiful all done. I love all she does. I sure hope baby Wyatt comes during your week off so you can spend lots of time with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I don't know whether to hope that the baby comes right away or that you get to spend the week quilting! lol Maybe both!

    ReplyDelete