Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

February's UFO


Here it is...my February UFO completed!  From 2002!  I only know this because that is the date on some of the blocks!  These are friendship blocks from the former Material Girls that used to meet at the Mountain Country Mercantile (since closed)  The original group numbered barely 10 on a good day but over the years it has grown to 30+ on potluck day and meets at the Deschutes County Historical Museum.  

I had a vague memory that this quilt had a story but I couldn't remember what it was? So I asked some of the founding members...But the story goes that the Material Girls each gave a fat quarter to the birthday girls each month...but, I guess when my turn rolled around I asked if the people who wanted could make me a block.  I guess this caused a tipping of the universe and some drama ensued.  Thus the worm block...which was a note that I had opened a can of worms! LOL  Anyhoo...I only remember that there were issues but not the ins and outs of the entire story.  That is one of the things I like about myself...the ability to not take the drama, pain, anger forward but, to leave it where it belongs, in the woven fabrics of history and smile at the lovely blocks that were made.

All I had left was tacking down the binding and it was done.  I love it!  a piece of the old Material Girl group and the Mountain Country Mercantile!  If you are reading this from Arizona  Mary Jo...yours is the Japanese Kimono! 


I had to show you a photo of this wonderful table topper.  Last night was book club at my house.  Since the book was a lighthearted read I asked those who felt comfortable to bring a funny story from their lives.  Laughter is the best medicine.  I laughed till I cried! lol  What was also wonderful is one of the book club members is also a Fabric Stalker.  She came a little early so we could have a pre-bookclub support group and brought this WIP.  Mine is still in kit form...but oh is it ever a beauty.  I am going to have to get it done before this fall...that is all there is too it!  

Have a wonderful day, I am off to work and thank you for sharing your tips on living with the blues.  I am sure they not only helped me but the rest of the blog world!



4 comments:

  1. Congrat's on finishing a UFO~ you are such a rebel! LOL :-) (teasing)
    I love the wool topper! Now I need to clean the drool off of my keyboard!
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are finishing yours, lol.
    I have been stitching all day, hand quilting is a lot harder and longer, but worth it for this piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished my February UFO last week, and so far we're both 2 for 2!! Wahoo!! That fall woolie is a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete