Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It Is The Love Of Fabric...

It is the love of fabric that drives us to seek out fabric stores where ever we travel.  I may have been a little out of my element in Britex.  4 stories of all things sewing...can you imagine an entire floor of notions!  The few customers that were there on a Saturday morning with me were designer types.  Stylish with that haughty look.  Even the sales clerks seemed like they were styling...and the look on their faces when I told them I was looking for wool that I might felt!   Sacre Bleu!!!

What is truly amazing is that this store and the needle point store in the slide show have been around since I was a youngster!  When I was a kid my parents would take us to SF and we'd have the run of the town...anywhere you could walk or take a bus.  I visited Golden Gate park annually...and going to China Town, walking around eating roast duck that had moments before hung in the window.  I attended numerous symphony performances, operas (my mom's favorite) and of course the Ice Capades!  It is a different town now.  Although I felt safe enough on my own during the day...night is another story.



Enjoy the slide show...there is nothing better on a sunny day than San Francisco...except for Portland! lol


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Free digital slideshow created with Smilebox



Lots of people leave their heart in San Francisco!

12 comments:

  1. WAHHH! Now I'm homesick for SF, the city of my birth. You had amazing weather on your trip. Britex looks like a place you could stay all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place, I can't believe the price of that fabric.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cakers, I'm with you! I miss the Bay Area SO much!!! While I wasn't born there, I have lived there about half of my life. A rainy day in SF can be just as fabulous as a sunny one...or a foggy one! I'm surprised that you had sun with all of the rain they've been getting...but I'm glad that you did.

    I loved that wool! Oh my, that price is enough to make you cringe. Maybe it's really wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide wool!! lol That was a gorgeous brown piece that you got. Interesting test to see if it's wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your trip to SFO. I so miss that city. I lived in Novato for a few years in the mid-80s while my husband was stationed at Alameda. I've been back for a few visits since then. You are right, it sure has changed. I can't imagine a whole floor of notions. Where to begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling a little homesick myself! ***sigh***

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures of cheese, [fromage] that you shared, all the pastries look yummy.

    I'll have to go to Britex the next time I head down that way.

    Thanks for the lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! The rows of wool are amazing. My heart started pounding just looking at your pictures. Visiting SF is on my bucket list. Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel like i had a little breathe of SF!! Lovely pictures. My mother would have LOVED all that fabric in one place. We used to go to Pendleton Mills in Portland once a year for her to get wool for her suits & coats she made :) Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I just love your pictures! I think San Francisco is the most beautiful city ever - I used to go there for work at least four times a year and could hardly wait to get off the plane to take in the sights, smells and sounds. A truly wonderful, wonderful city!! Thanks so much for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful photographic eye. I live right next door and your photos make me want to visit! Irene and I will need to take a trip to Britex. Beautiful, but $$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could get lost in all those buttons. Thanks for another great slideshow.

    ReplyDelete