Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quilt Expo!

Look what I came home too!  By a stroke of luck I flew in on Sunday instead of Monday!



If you remember last Friday I wrote about my trip to the Quilt Expo in...I believe San Mateo???  What can I say...one city just runs right into the next one without any warning, lol.  We thought we were going to a quilt show but instead it was just one giant vendor mall with a few quilts hung by a local guild.  I was surprised about the variety of goods that were not fabric for sale at the show.  And the sales tax sticker shock was...a shocker!  I also noticed that there were quite a few patterns I had never seen before...so many quilts and so little time.  Although it was fun to window shop the booths only one made me sing!  That is where I found bought the kit for Crow Gossip which was featured in the 2011 Fall issue of Primitive Quilts. Yummy wool!
  


Enjoy the slide show...it'll be just like you were there!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

and now for the winner of the fabulous wool bag pattern...was...
Anne who said,  
                     "Enzo...I love you, pick me, pick me!

and just because I felt like it a second winner of a fun quilt book goes to...
Margaret who said, 
"I am a follower.  This will be an awesome bag to make for retreat next month.  I have to take a gift to get in on the Quilt-o-game.  It is like bingo only in quilt lingo."


7 comments:

  1. Caught you in the Bend newspaper this morning! Great article. Looks like you had a inspiring trip last weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna! You captured the many sides of me beautifully. How come you don't like mermaid cats? And is this the way to the expo center?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won? How cool is that! Thanks Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that pattern and a lot of the patterns in the magazine, now I need to find the time to make them. I have enough wool, so time to start using it, but I do need to do some dying. Congratulations to the winners.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the Quilt Expo! I loved that quilt with the owls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the slide show and sharing your trip with everyone! Sounds like you had a great time and stayed within your fabric budget! Your snow is pretty - hope to hear more about the article you were featured in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you in the Bulletin today, what a neat thing to be a part of that article. Everything looked great!

    ReplyDelete