Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quilt Show!

Is your schedule as crazy as mine? Although I can complain with the best of them about my insane life, I WOULD go insane if I was bored. I might have told you this story before but anyhoo...with an insane life comes memory lapse. 


 The first year HH and I were married I nearly drove him insane. He is a peaceful guy, his life is balanced, he naps at lunch and it is not uncommon to catch him just sitting quietly. Whereas I am like the Tasmanian Devil. One day in that first year I asked him...how can you just sit there??? Don't you want/need to do this, and that and this again???? (said in a slightly high pitched voice) His answer to me, "how can you know what you want in life if you don't sit quietly and day dream?" I SHOULD HAVE HAD A V-8!!! I had never had anyone say that to me...I spent most of my life with my family just watching me and shaking their heads! We now have a sign that hangs in our bedroom that says, "Daydream." People who read the blog or know me often ask how do you get so much done...it is not always a good thing and my goal is to find that place where I can find peace...a balance between the frenetic and the quiet. A little bit of this...a little bit of that...


And now for the Quilt Show...which is what led me to this big run on thought about an insane life...I forgot to post the First Friday Quilt video from QuiltWorks.  If you remember I couldn't even get near the quilts.  Working that day I arrived after the show started and it was packed...as in scary packed.  Most likely because the feature quilter, Sally Rogers is such a popular local quilter.  She made her first quilt 54 years ago as a newlywed on a Singer featherweight her grandmother had given her.  I love the show...and every quilt in it!  Although I definitely have a quirky bent to some of my quilting...I am a traditional gal.  Enjoy the show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow

4 comments:

  1. I saw that to my husband too, he just sits and watches tv or falls asleep, lol. I do that on occasion when I actually want to pay attention to a good movie, but usually only when I am tired and need a break, otherwise my fingers are always moving;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LOVE the Christopher Walken video!!! What fun!!

    The art of just being is something that I'm currently working on, as I've always been one that feels like I need to be productive every moment...even while I'm watching tv. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the story about your hubby - I try to remind myself there can be joy in the art of doing nothing!

    The quilts were great - I am working on a tumbler Civil War UFO and have the templates to make a smaller one. Sew many projects!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Love Christopher Walken! My hubby is a sit and think type too~ but its a good thing since I am the crazy one! LOL

    Thanks for the quilt show!
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete