Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Treasure!

Look at what I found!  I was having to go from one side of town to the other  when I decided to stop by one of my favorite junk stores.  They had a bunch of distressed painted tool boxes...some in green, yellow and red.  I love the versatility it will provide for some Prim decor ideas I have.  And can't you see changing the theme by the seasons or holidays!



Today I am heading out with my friend Irene for coffee and girlfriend time.  Although I do have plans to set aside some time to quilt.  The soul has to be filled somehow!  I have a pile of projects that just need a little done here and there and they would be completed...but...I do hear the siren call of a new project!  LOL  I hope your weekend is filled with fun, which reminds me of a funny scene in a series I am watching called Downton Abbey.  it is a British series about an aristocratic family and their servants.  To make a long story short the family is meeting a long lost cousin and his mother who are "middle class" and they are appalled that the son has found a "job" with a solicitor and will have weekends off.  The matriarch asks, "What's a weekend?"  I laughed out loud!  I guess if you are rolling in the dough and have never had to work the concept of weekend has no meaning...go figure!  Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. What a great find....I would call it a treasure for sure. Enjoy your girlfriend time and your 'weekend'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find and in great shape. I always look for wooden boxes and baskets to decorate with. I found the perfect drawer box, but inside was moldy, and I don't need that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I LOVE Downton Abby! The dresses are to die for! Season 2's big finale is tomorrow night. I don't know how I will make it though 10 months without it until season 3 starts. Even Bob likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tool box is a definite treasure and I love the color. Nice find!
    We are enjoying DA as well. and I agree with Terri...the clothing the women wear is amazing! We have also been watching The House of Elliot (Netflix). The series is about 2 young women who open a clothes design business in London 1920's. Intriguing clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find. I love the tool box. I can't wait to see what you gonna do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Hey, my b'day is right around the corner. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too funny! Cathy and I are here in Bend for the night...heading down to Volcano Vineyards tasting room soon...then off to find a place to eat. What Junk store? Iron Horse?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the toolbox - perfect for the sewing room! I have heard such good things about Downton Abbey - will see if I can catch up with it on Netflix.

    Hope you enjoyed your girlfriend time and are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Anna. Hope you had a great time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, love the red tool box! It'll look spectacular filled with things for each season.

    Now I'm going to have to try to see an episode of Downton Abbey....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Luci, I couldn't send you an email as you come across as a "no reply" there is instructions on the right hand side of the blog on how to change that.

    Iron Horse in Bend located off the beaten path a couple of street over from Drake Park on NW Congress …hope you can get there! Anna

    ReplyDelete