Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Embracing the Goodness of Life

I know that life can be challenging at times, whether it be family, work, friends, money...but the option of not embracing life is not so good either! lol  Being as human as the next person I can feel that tug sometimes to read the negative headlines, shake my head at the articles about my employer, wonder what someone was thinking...but, then I nudge my heart towards the message in The Power.  It is one of those books that I have read more than once because the message is soooo powerful.  Looking for the silver lining, keeping focused on the good...how could I not with this little guy pretending to be an Angry Bird! LOL


I opened the newspaper this morning. One of my favorite morning rituals and I got all excited about an article on the "At Home" page called "Know when to fold 'em"  It was about making colorful napkins and I was loving the double sided look...then I checked out who the writer of the article was!!! Our very own Woolie follower, Linda Turner Griepentrog!  Congratulations Linda! How wonderful to see your name printed in the paper!  Today I am going to cut and organize napkin fabrics to take to retreat in April! 

I want to share with you one of those moments they talk about in The Power.  Believing in the Law of Attraction.  First...if you have been a reader of this blog you already know life in the kitchen is not a safe place for me...but, for whatever reason I decided I wanted to bake cookies for HH.  I searched the Pinterest site and found the perfect cookie for him (you can get the recipe off my pin board, labeled cookies).  Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip.  I was so proud of how they turned out that I thought to myself, I really wish I had a glass canister cookie jar with a chalk board where I could write what kind of cookies were in the jar!  As I was running errands listening to The Power on CD I decided to pop into Pier One.  You guessed it, the Laws of Attraction were at work because there was my cookie jar and the chalk was included!


Sorry for continuing to blab, blab, blab.  But the synapses are firing! lol  Anyhoo, If you are a quilter you know that sometimes you make a quilt just because you either like the pattern or the fabric.  You aren't even sure who's quilt you are making...but you know when the right person comes along the quilt will be theirs.  And so that is what has happened to my March UFO.  I loved the fabric and the pattern. When a co-worker was in need of a quilt hug I knew where this quilt would be living.  I found some wonderful warm minki for the back and have finished binding it...to be delivered today.  Sometimes I walk into my sewing room and ask a quilt...where do you want to live or who do you belong too???


Today I head to QuiltWorks for Woolie Tuesday and according to the Law of Attraction I should have a bang up good time! LOL

8 comments:

  1. OH, I love that pattern.I think I need to borrow that pattern. It's so fun. Good job with keeping up on the UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern and wonderful fabric. What is the line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look dangerously delicious! lol Love the new cookie jar!

    Great job on finishing your UFO for this month, as well as finding a home. I've been really busy with non-quilty stuff around the house this month, but have not forgotten my UFO for March. I am not only working on it this week, but tomorrow I'm teaching my guild sisters how to do the technique I developed for adding binding-less borders to finishing it. So by the end of tomorrow, it should be finished.

    Have fun at Woolie Tuesday today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern. Cookies sure look good, no calories?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make oatmeal cookies but no sugar, so I use apples for flavor.
    Wonderful quilt and I am sure your friend will love it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt you've just finished! lucky co-worker!
    Gorgeous pic of the little guy in the angry bird hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pattern - can you tell me the name of it or maybe who designed it? Thanks so much!
    --Andy
    www.abrightcorner.com

    ReplyDelete