Followers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul...

I am not sure exactly why I am totally attracted to this block which I found on Pinterest.  I absolutely HATED  paper piecing from the first moment I attempted to master the technique.  Maybe it is because I am working through my fractured heart along with the rest of humanity and this block is called "feathers in the heart" and speaks to the pain, hope and beauty of living.  Anyhoo, I want to make a wall hanging using this block.  But...I hate paper piecing.  Why do I have such a difficult time with it...is it because the technique forces you to think backwards and I have a hard enough time thinking forwards.  The right/left thing is something I always have to think through at work.  Some mornings (pre-coffee) I make the patient point to the place of surgery.  I know I am not the only person that has this challenge because now the surgeons are required to sign their initials on the side or part of surgery!  Here is the link for Feathers In My Heart


I remember there being a segment on Sesame Street that was about left and right. Maybe this will help me with paper piecing!


A couple of updates on the blog...you will notice that yesterday I was able to load the March free ornament of the month...yeah!  Such a cute little Scottie dog that Robin designed! And I removed my weight loss tracker.  Why? not because I am not still working on it but I am trying to tackle it in a different way.  I find weight loss is more in the brain and I continue to research that brain component. I am reading "A course in Weight Loss" by Marianne Williamson.  I know how to lose weight but keeping it in check is another ball game.  This year is my year of discovery!

TGIF

5 comments:

  1. Love that block, tryed paper piecing once made a whole quilt, not my thing. It just about sent me over the edge..lol....any way love the looks and the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful block. Hope you give it a try and have a huge success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful block, I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It`s fantastic and hope you make it.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful block, but after my disastrous attempt at piecing triangles, I will stick with prim, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete