Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunday A Day Of Rest...NOT!

There was no resting around this household.  It was freezing cold...so cold your fingers and nose felt numb cold.  HH had to climb a tall metal ladder to replace some burned out bulbs and his hands were almost frozen to the metal.  I intended to try and get to Joann's but instead headed to Micheal's to buy another bunch of yellow flowers for wedding center pieces.  I made myself a smoothie after talking to my son and his fiance on Skyp and she had a smoothie in her hand...yum.  She told me how to fix and it and voila...lunch! All I did was throw in a handful of frozen mango, strawberries, a banana, 1/4 cup of plain yogurt, teaspoon of ground flax seed and about 1/2 cup of liquid (used some sobee ice tea). Yummm


Putzed around the sewing room and decided to see if I could make that "feathers in the heart" block that I saved on my Pinterest quilt block bulletin board.  It turned out great!  I watched a "quilt toot" on my pin site that showed me how to paper piece.  I am still not sold on it...seems that you waste a lot of fabric...or maybe it is just me that can't figure out how not too! lol  I am going to make 6 of them and put them together into a wall hanging...cause I really love this and it will be a 4th of July decoration!


Today is Monday and it bring with it all the things that are about Mondays...hope yours is filled with hope.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute block. Will be so cute as a wallhanging. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block came out wonderfully. I want to try some smoothies, would be nice for a summer drink too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job on your heart block Anna, take a bow. Love the fabric choices with the stars and hearts.

    Soon you'll love doing it as it is a great way to use up scraps. I like cutting a strip of fabric just wider than the greatest width of a section and then you can almost chain sew.

    ReplyDelete