Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Top 'o the Morn

This is my weekend to work at the hospital but I have got my corned beef and cabbage ready to go in the crock pot.  I thought this morning I would share  some photos from the weekend.  Because of the storms moving through the mountains we took the long way around to get home.  When ever we think about taking "the long way" around it sounds like such a boring hassle...but for us we get a whole different perspective of our state.  The long way takes us past some of the most beautiful scenery...following the Columbia Gorge on our left we see a waterfall about every quarter mile on our right.  This is one of the most famous, Multnomah Falls.  You can see a bridge between the trees at the bottom of the photo when you click to enlarge.  That is the "get wet" territory.



Bridel Veil Falls


I stopped at a little quilt store in Hood River...and as all quilt stores there is always something to think about while browsing.  It was small and had limited inventory more like a place you run down to looking for one piece to go with your stash.  I remember years ago it was in a cute old house.  Now it is upstairs in an office building.  There are so many selections for shop owners in the quilt world inventory that you typically find something you have never see before.  I thought this lunch bag looked cute.


...and I had never seen this fabric with scrabble printed on it...fun for the scrabble addicts!  Wonder when the Angry Bird fabric is gone make a debut.



If you are looking for either of these items you can check out their website at Every Thread Counts

3 comments:

  1. I love taking the long way, you never know what you will find on the back roads and it is a lot less stressful than the highways. There is angry bird fabric, I know I saw it somewhere. Oh, maybe in the new fabric store I found, they carry a lot of fun prints.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrabble fabric is very cute, would make up into very cute kids quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I went to EE SHenks customer appreciation sale yesterday with my friend...and I walked by the lady that owns that quilt store in Hood River, I believe. Thats what her name tag said. Had a great time there...and got a Go-Baby AccuQuilt for a GREAT PRICE.

    ReplyDelete