Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pay Attention

I can hear the voice of my creative side whispering...Pay Attention!  I tend to rush from point A to point B...focused on the end...while missing the middle.   Creativeness isn't because of the beginning, and isn't at the end...but Creativeness is what you do with the middle. Yesterday was filled with "pay attention" moments.  And, I was lucky enough to be listening...and so I did.  But only after stepping in a big pile of dog poop on my walk!  Enzo and I were out in the glorious sun filled day and I was walking behind a tree in the field by my house trying to not spook some deer.  Suddenly I felt like I had an extra tall heel on one side...dog poop!  It was in that moment that I thought...a sign, today I pay attention.  

So when I rode my scooter to the grocery store I really "saw" the produce section and took photos.  The colors and arrangements of the fruits and vegetables were beautiful.  I think that if we pay attention there are inspiring moments all around us that we could use in creating a beautiful quilt!




The lesson of the day, "pay attention" continued on into the evening.  HH and I were invited to a wine tasting party.  Each couple brought 2 bottle of wine under $10 so the label was covered and we rated 8 different wines through the course of the evening while sharing horderves.  If I had seen the labels I would have judged them right away...but because I had no idea what I sampling, the judgement was based solely on taste...and my favorite a $5.99 bottle of Chardonnay!  I don't even like Chardonnay!  Paying attention & trusting what my taste buds were telling me rather than what is labeled made for a wonderful experience.  Good advice about life in general!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Really a great post Anna. Something we all need to do - pay attention - cuz you know the details that we miss are usually the best or in the case of the dog poop on the shoe - best to be avoided lol. Hey we did that tasting with beer (not my favorite I'm a wine girl) and it was fun. Thanks for the reminder of "pay attention" it's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was Enzo's poop it would be a bother but since it is someone else's he is following me around like I am carrying doggie email! lol
      I don't like beer at all even though we are the microbrew capital of the world...it might be a good experience for me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Anna!
    Your photos are wonderful! so many colours! I was in a bad mood,and tired after a 24 hour very hard shift in the hospital, but your pics made me happy. There are so many colours in one's life and we shouldnt let the gray unhappy days defeat us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gray days try to bring us down but I begin each day with hope!

      Delete
  3. I want to shop where you do!! It's so beautiful! And yes....most people spend their lives so focused on the destination that they miss the journey. The journey is the best part. When we look at things, we tend to focus on the object until our brain can identify it, and our eyes move on. We haven't really seen it, with it's nuances of shape and color, we identify it and put the image it represents to us in our brain. We miss so much beauty that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I spent most of my life with my eyes on the horizon as life was passing me by! No more!

      Delete
  4. Love that store, really nice display.
    I always say I am going to slow down and pay attention, then we get so busy, we forget and miss the little things in life.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That store actually makes me want to cook! I used to say the same thing but what I can say now is "I can be taught!" LOL

      Delete