Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Countdown

It was such a great Monday.  I remember when I was a first out of college and had a job that was Monday - Friday I always had that feeling...on Sunday evening that Monday was coming, lol.  As a nurse, shift work and rotating schedules did away with that feeling.  Now, some Mondays are just wonderful.  We were blessed to have our grandson's and DIL for breakfast before they headed over the mountain...back home.  I may be a little partial (lol) but I think my guys are just the sweetest, cutest, most talented, awesome grandson's ever!


After Sarah and the boys left I started working on cleaning up my sewing room.  You know what that means...I created a mess and chaos!  I was trying to create more storage for my wool and that meant emptying out a bucket.  I found one that was filled with novelty scraps I was saving for I Spy quilts.  I spent the morning using my GO cutter and creating a pile of hexagons, 6 inch squares and 2.5 inch strips.  


Noontime I hopped on "Patty" and headed to meet Robin at the movies.  I have been waiting for months for the movie "The Exotic Marigold Hotel." It came out every where else on May 4th!  Finally, it showed up in Bend.  The theater was packed!  We laughed so hard and yet there were very poignant  moments.  Well worth the money!

Today I head over to Anne's for a "special" applique class.  I really need to get moving on my Stars and Sprigs and need a remedial class...cause I have another applique BOM starting to arrive in June!  Wish me luck that the teacher likes me!


Stay tuned!! tomorrow a big Celebration and Give Away!!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like being someone's favorite!

      Delete
  2. What handsome guys! You have a couple of the cutest grandsons ever!

    You definitely had a productive morning. I have the blade to cut the 2 1/2" strips which is super handy for cutting binding as well as for piecing, but don't have the 6" squares or hexagons. The squares I have the blade for are 3 1/2". Hmm....something to think about.

    Ever since we saw the first movie trailer for the movie you went to, it's been on our Netflix list! We can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much Mary! It feels good to have fabric cut up into usable pieces for a scrap quilt. You are going to love that movie! I want to see it again!!

      Delete
  3. No, you are right, they are the cutest little guys ever;)
    I love doing hexagons, but it can be a killer on my fingers.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one hexagon I Spy Quilt and although there are easier ways to do an I Spy, I have always loved the hexagon (and their big!)

      Delete
  4. Your Grandsons are adorable...I want two just like your's! {sigh...}
    Thanks for the heads up about the movie! I think when/if it comes here I will get a bunch of gals to go...looks like a chick flick and of course dessert after!
    Have fun with the Ispy quilt!
    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share them! the theater actually was filled with half men...and I can see why. they guys were laughing as hard as the women...see it twice! I'm gonna drag HH to see it even though he hates going to a theater.

      Delete
  5. Tus nietos son guapisimos!!.
    Feliz costira!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosa! They are really sweet!

      Delete
  6. Love those boys! (I have 3 grandsons; two that are nine and one who is 7.) Regarding where to find wool around Eugene (posting of May 26th)it's actually Something to Crow About in Springfield. Mostly basic beiges, browns, grays...darker tones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they a hoot! of course I only had son's this I know! I love Something to Crow About!!! whenever the Fabric Stalkers go to the coast that way we always make a stop but it has been at least 3 years...wow...I think we need to go!

    ReplyDelete