Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Random Conversation Day

Random Conversation Day sounds like it is planned and organized when in fact all it means is I didn't get to pick up a needle so I don't have any "Quilt Talk."  When I am with my "girlfriends" I am laughing out loud all the time which is according to medical literature good for your heart.  The only draw back as you age is that when you laugh really hard you sometimes give a little toot...I know, you know what I am talking about!


For me, beside my girlfriends, Betty White is an inspiration in the aging with an attitude and I love it!  I read an article in our local paper and it might have been in yours about a guide to aging healthily and happily written by an 93 year old.  She has a few rules for inspirational aging and I will sum them up because they really are great.


1.  Try to view the inevitable losses of aging through a prism of optimism, curiosity and humor.
2.   Exercise the body every day.
3.   Use your brain
4.   Keep your sense of humor
5.   Dress well every day  (no sweats or house dresses)
6.   Find a theme song (make it something cheerful)
7.   Leave the door open for love (love can happen even more intensely at this age because your time     
      is short and you know it)
8.   Offer a cheerful greeting (never ask "how are you" you'll just hear a bunch of complaints)
9.   Have a conversation starter (stay current on the news)
10.  Plan you day, every day (you can have a fuller life because you time is your own)


Now on to the other random muses of someone who has not quilted in 24 hours...Enzo.  Enzo is a dramatic squirrel warrior when I am home.  Defending the bird feeders from the Doom Squirrel.  At the mention of a squirrel he will bolt to the door, barking with teeth bared.  What I have found out though is that when I am not home he is the ultimate slacker employee!  Lying around, yawning while the squirrels raise havoc on the deck and bird feeders!  We keep our seed in this hard bucket on the deck without any problems.  But Doom Squirrel has been testing the security system for a week now and discovered that Enzo is no Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible...but in fact is like more like Chester on Gunsmoke....which resulted in this mess when I got home.  I would fire Enzo but his union rep says that I first have to file 3 disciplinary warning...This is #ONE!














Hope your Thursday is filled with joy, laughter and some stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Our squirrels break all of the bottom branches off of our orange tree (It's one of the ones that only grows to be about 6 or 7 feet tall) when our oranges are ripe, to get to them. Then they bring them onto the patio and eat them in front of our sliding glass door so that they can taunt our cat, because they've figured out that she can't get out to catch them. They're devious and destructive. Fortunately, they don't like eating my roses, though they have done a "taste test". Poor Enzo is up against some tough opponents on this one, so you probably should cut him a little slack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be PO'd by this! Like the time a deer at my jalapeno plant...cause he suffered with that! I can't get over the fact that you can grow oranges!!!

      Delete
  2. We keep our bird feed in a small metal can (buy at local hardward store), will hold 25 lb + of food. The squirrels can chew through it. When one becomes too "pesky" he gets trapped and relocated to the wild life preserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of squirrels around here you be trapping all day! I am getting a metal can today! Great idea.

      Delete
  3. I like random conversation day!! Good stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, random is my middle name! lol

      Delete
  4. Wonderful points and so true. My dog loves plastic, his favorite is to chew off the spouts on the water bottles.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, the chewed up bucket is sitting right next to Enzo's bed and he doesn't get near it...although I think I see an expression on his face indicating that the neighborhood is going downhill.

      Delete
  5. I have had mice do the same thing with my chicken food although it's kept in a plastic (must get metal next time!)trash can. They chewed right through the top! Love your random converstions as well as the "quilt" talk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bucket is sitting in the family room because we get mice or chipmunks occasionally in our garage...until I get a metal bucket the chewed up one is next to Enzo's bed. Thanks for listening Jenny.

      Delete